Top Voted Hot Topics Articles

Here are the top voted hot topics articles:

voted
#1
Unconscious This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.
There was a dead girl in front of the library this morning. She was breathing, but she wasn’t alive. Whatever existence she’d had during her few years – I calculated she was around 13 – certainly wasn’t life. She was tossed carelessly on... (more »)
Subsection: What Matters Articles   462 comments
voted
#2
Fitting In This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.
I wouldn't ask for a dressing room. My mom always asked for me. The evening before I had repeatedly risen from my seat and piled on excess noodles suffocated in meat sauce. Then I licked my bowl with the buttered garlic bread, leaving no... (more »)
Subsection: Health Articles   343 comments
voted
#3
Dear Peers This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.
Dear Peers, I used to look up to you. I used to try to get your attention. I used to want to fit in by wearing weird clothes and listening to all the lies you’d tell me. I used to laugh at jokes that weren’t funny. I used to let you copy... (more »)
Subsection: Pride & Prejudice Articles   106 comments
voted
#4
Homeschool Blues This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.
I get stereotyped a lot. When I meet someone for the first time, we’ll be talking about movies, music, or summer jobs – then, the dreaded question: “So, where do you go to school?” I shift slightly. I know how they’re going to ­react. I... (more »)
Subsection: Pride & Prejudice Articles   162 comments
voted
#5
Therapy This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.
Therapy is for the crazy. The lunatics. The people with problems. I don't have problems. How can I, the varsity athlete, principal cellist, class president, be sitting inside the office of a therapist? But I am. The therapist's office is a... (more »)
Subsection: Health Articles   3 comments
voted
#6
Learning to Survive This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.
“A sense of impending doom” is how my doctor described it. That said it all. I started having panic attacks last fall. My heart would race out of control while a whole lot of fear washed over me. These attacks seemed to occur for no apparent... (more »)
Subsection: Health Articles   1 comment
voted
#7
Animal Cruelty Must Stop This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.
Every day in the United States animals are beaten, neglected, or forced to struggle for survival. Left in unsanitary conditions with no food or water, they have little hope as they live out their days without the compassion they deserve. Some are... (more »)
Subsection: Environment Articles   162 comments
voted
#8
The Closet This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.
By , Unknown, VA
They shouldn't call it being in the closet, they should call it being buried alive. Hundreds of pounds of weight crush your chest, suffocating you. It's slowly killing you; you're driven mad by the weight of your secret. And your only option, your... (more »)
Subsection: Pride & Prejudice Articles   12 comments
voted
#9
Stand Up For What You Believe In This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.
There are some experiences that have such an impact they change your life forever. The tragedy that occurred on September 11th was certainly one of those. After the bombing, my mom and brother forbade my grandmother to leave the house because... (more »)
Subsection: Pride & Prejudice Articles   1 comment
voted
#10
Unexpected Prejudice This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.
Prejudice is far from extinct; it lurks in the dark shadows of school hallways. It waits for someone to hurt, someone whose only crime was being born a certain way. No matter how much we refuse to acknowledge the fact, it will never go away - it... (more »)
Subsection: Pride & Prejudice Articles   2 comments
voted
#11
Why Does Your Hair Grow Like That? This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.
You are eight years old and have no idea what is going on. You know you are going somewhere and that it's for the best. At least, that's what it seemed like at the going-away party. They told you that you are headed to a place where the... (more »)
Subsection: Pride & Prejudice Articles   7 comments
voted
#12
A Word's Place in the World This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.
Editor's Note: Occasionally we get a submission that makes us wonder how it will be received by teens and teachers across the country. After consulting with our Teacher Advisory Board, we found overwhelming support for publishing this piece. We... (more »)
voted
#13
You’re Not the Only Ones This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.
I am an African European who was born in London, and it never ceases to amaze me how ignorant some people can be. Throughout my life people have always asked me how I could be black if I am British. It's almost as if they think that all Caucasians... (more »)
Subsection: Pride & Prejudice Articles  
voted
#14
You Better Listen This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.
Asian - it's a label, a stereotype. “God, what an Asian.” “Aren't Asians supposed to be smart? What happened to you?” I can't stop it, and even if I tried, everybody would just say, as they always have, “It's not you, it's... (more »)
Subsection: Pride & Prejudice Articles  
voted
#15
Courage Sleeps in the Canyon This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.
Looking out the window, I notice the beautiful glow from what is left of the sun as it melts into the horizon. The remaining layer of light fills up the little valley between the freeway and my neighborhood and turns orange as it hits the red tile... (more »)
voted
#16
Hurry Up and Buy This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.
The supermarket was blackened with age, and had been ambushed by spray paint's fury. Some say Kennedy stopped there once. Broken liquor bottles and their spilled poison adorned the ground, creating stains. A wiry man sat in a shiny red Camaro... (more »)
Subsection: Pride & Prejudice Articles