Top Voted Hot Topics Articles

Here are the top voted hot topics articles:

voted
#1
Unconscious This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.
There was a dead girl in front of the library this morning. She was breathing, but she wasn’t alive. Whatever existence she’d had during her few years – I calculated she was around 13 – certainly wasn’t life. She was tossed carelessly on... (more »)
Subsection: What Matters Articles   460 comments
voted
#2
Fitting In This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.
I wouldn't ask for a dressing room. My mom always asked for me. The evening before I had repeatedly risen from my seat and piled on excess noodles suffocated in meat sauce. Then I licked my bowl with the buttered garlic bread, leaving no... (more »)
Subsection: Health Articles   341 comments
voted
#3
Motivated This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.
I would just like to tell you how much I appreciate you publishing my work on your website. It’s beyond motivating to me! I have a passion for writing, and to have my work considered by a real publisher is fantastic! Thank you for giving me the... (more »)
Subsection: Letters to the Editor  
voted
#4
Dear Peers This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.
Dear Peers, I used to look up to you. I used to try to get your attention. I used to want to fit in by wearing weird clothes and listening to all the lies you’d tell me. I used to laugh at jokes that weren’t funny. I used to let you copy... (more »)
Subsection: Pride & Prejudice Articles   106 comments
voted
#5
Homeschool Blues This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.
I get stereotyped a lot. When I meet someone for the first time, we’ll be talking about movies, music, or summer jobs – then, the dreaded question: “So, where do you go to school?” I shift slightly. I know how they’re going to ­react. I... (more »)
Subsection: Pride & Prejudice Articles   161 comments
voted
#6
The Antibiotic Epidemic This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.
Imagine a bacteria that infects your blood, leaving spider bite-like pimples and boils all over your body, potentially leading to death. Imagine this bacteria is resistant to treatment. This is a superbug. Methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus... (more »)
Subsection: Health Articles   4 comments
voted
#7
Acting the Part This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.
I could feel the judge's eyes on my face as I analyzed my body in the mirror. Good. I look skinny. My stomach looks flat. Wait, is this me thinking, or my character? I finished my piece and bowed my head. It was over. Is it really over?... (more »)
Subsection: Health Articles   17 comments
voted
#8
Animal Cruelty Must Stop This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.
Every day in the United States animals are beaten, neglected, or forced to struggle for survival. Left in unsanitary conditions with no food or water, they have little hope as they live out their days without the compassion they deserve. Some are... (more »)
Subsection: Environment Articles   152 comments
voted
#9
Defining Me This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.
Three months before I left the U.S. for a one-year visit in China, I thought about leaving my friends, my house, my pet, my team – my everything. I thought about being in a country where people would call me by my real name, Yiwen, the name I... (more »)
Subsection: Pride & Prejudice Articles   6 comments
voted
#10
Shoes for Africa This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.
As an immigrant I have had the opportunity to view the world through many lenses. When I lived in Venezuela I was aware that many people suffered and had to struggle to sustain their families. Arriving in the United States, I knew that I would not... (more »)
Subsection: Community Service Articles   10 comments
voted
#11
The ABCs of Korean This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.
“Ga, na, da, ra.” They recite in unison as I point to the intricate ­Korean alphabets. Hmm … too easy? Facing the whiteboard, I carefully form a word incorporating these ­elaborate characters, crossing my fingers for someone to shout... (more »)
Subsection: Community Service Articles   2 comments
voted
#12
A World in Danger This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.
Since middle school, I have found that the study of the environment reflects a part of my personality. It all began with a National Geographic ­article about the Chesapeake Bay watershed. Although I live nowhere near, I found the story... (more »)
Subsection: Environment Articles   45 comments
voted
#13
Silent No More This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.
“Is he gay?” "I think so.” “Yeah, I'm pretty sure.” “Ask him.” “Hey, are you–” The last period bell cut off the cacophony of fresh gossip. My ears burned with embarrassment, and I walked away as quickly as... (more »)
Subsection: Bullying Articles   26 comments
voted
#14
Beating Anorexia This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.
“You can sit there. The ­doctor will be right with you.” The nurse gestured me to the waiting room. Come on, do I really need to be here? I'm not sick enough to be here. “Jane! The doctor will see you now.” Great … The office... (more »)
Subsection: Health Articles   203 comments
voted
#15
A N∑rd’s Life This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.
Everyone has seen them. From the teen in math class who knows every answer before the question is asked, to the kid sitting alone in the cafeteria who looks like he got dressed with the lights off. Everybody has come across these highly... (more »)
Subsection: Pride & Prejudice Articles   48 comments
voted
#16
Life with TS This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.
People stare when I walk by. I ­pretend not to notice. It’s not their fault; they don’t know I can’t stop. Can’t stop ticcing. When I was 11 years old, 16 letters changed the way I live my life forever: Tourette syndrome. Now, four... (more »)
Subsection: Health Articles   29 comments