untitled. | Teen Ink

untitled.

September 30, 2015
By palmapalma BRONZE, Mt Sterling, Kentucky
palmapalma BRONZE, Mt Sterling, Kentucky
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

It is amazing to me about how God places people in your life, for a certain amount of time to help mold and shape you into who you're supposed to be. When I look at myself I can even sometimes see little pieces of different people pouring out of me. God has blessed me with so many amazing people in my life.

It is amazing how some people are closer to you then your own ken. Where we lived for several years, God sent us people in our lives to fill the void of ken, who lived away. The memories of staying at their house, such a warm and inviting place. The memories of topsail island a place untouched by man, shared of great memories , and the little surf shops and mom-and pop style restaurants by the ocean. And their grandkids, still best friends of mine, even through 7 years. Although we dont live near them, they still come and visit and we still visit them, but it will never be like the same because of the spontaneous froyo trips at late at night and krispy kreme stops. No one will quite ever know the place they hold in my heart.

God must know how much I love food, because years ago, he sent us people whose cooking is outrageously good. If you don't know what pepperoni rolls are, they are a big tradition from a place I love. A place where I could call home. Pepperoni rolls are just a roll with pepperoni, but trust me their good.  Many people ask me “where are you from” or “where is home”,  I don't have one home, I have many, because of the many stories, memories good, and bad that hold in the many of states I have lived in. It may have been because of the pepperoni rolls or the Lorri Mallot Cakes or the really good people, maybe it has something to do with Ann's Candy or my age at the time of the move. Who knows. But at each move, each state God has sent us good people, who make good food.

We may have good friends, but we have great family. The memories at mamaw's house of christmas eve, lots of food, lots of laughter. and removing the stockings from the loft stairs ,The time spent of countless hours with family making cookies, icing them, opening presents, in her warm log cabin around acres of nothing but land and cold feisty horses. The horses are my favorite. Sweety, choco and bad-boy know me and when their eyes catch me, they gallop up like “ every man for themselves” because they know that I always have food to give them. My grandparents are so alike but so different at the same time. My mom's mother, is a country but elegant and feisty, dog lovin, dark complected woman, while my dad's mom, is a big-city livin, cat lovin, lexus-drivin, pale white, church saint. Memories at my nanas are not the same at mamaw's, they're different but I love them just as much. My nana makes endless counter tops full of food, desserts and so much food that she makes you take some home. We don't turn away any of her food.

She also insists that we send her “lists” of “many things we would like” and she goes out and buys the ones she wants to get you even if we dont want it or its not even on the list.
Yet, my momaw, you tell her anything you want for christmas and she’ll get it for you  Memories at these homes are not limited, they are very different memories, but they're some of my favorites.