Deja Vu in Fashion | Teen Ink

Deja Vu in Fashion

April 21, 2015
By yungarlyy BRONZE, Houston, Texas
yungarlyy BRONZE, Houston, Texas
2 articles 0 photos 2 comments

Favorite Quote:
Born just to die thats a human curse


High waist shorts and bathing suits, tie dye t-shirts, skinny jeans and flower power headbands. All styles worn by our very own parents and grandparents in their younger days. As time passes so does fashion, or so we thought. As we walk around in our schools and communities we see many of these things but why? Aren’t our styles meant to be advancing? Retro is what we call it. Bringing back once famous fashion brands such as Bathing Ape or “Bape”, Triple Five Soul, Pepe Jeans, PNB Nation, Nautica, Reebok, Adidas, Timberland, and Tommy Hilfiger. All brands that were once worn are now beginning to be considered cool again. Many new generations have already made this a trend and tend to hang together. But it isn’t always just the 90’s clothing. The other era that is making a hit is the 70’s . If you take a look around, especially on social media you can see people trying to interpret the whole “Love and Peace” into the way they act and dress. Wearing their John Black 60’s glasses and long skirts these people have once again made this a trend. Not only around school are you starting to this, but also outside of school in teen magazines and on social medias. Our younger generations are also becoming very fashionable with past clothings . Summer bathing suits are something the kids tend to go for, and old school is looking cute. Your favorite 50’s one-piece bathing suits are back and better than ever. Pin up girl fashion is also turning into a cute and sassy trend that make the ladies want to strut their stuff. For our males, the leather jackets and high quality suits are a much wanted in the women’s eyes. Just like our parents and grandparents we’re bringing back the past and mixing it up.


The author's comments:

My article is on the past fashions coming back in style , i wrote about this and ended up not using it but i believe it is so far some of my best work .