Pros And Cons of Following Fashion Trends | Teen Ink

Pros And Cons of Following Fashion Trends

By KiannaL. BRONZE, Houston, Texas
KiannaL. BRONZE, Houston, Texas

Today we see many young men and women having familiar styles. Crops tops and mini-skirts. Colorful t-shirts with matching shoes. Our youth wear these clothing because this is popular. Fashion trends is another way of putting it.
But, is that exactly the smart thing to do? To follow everything that is “popular” or in other words “in”? But, it has it’s perks and downfalls. These are the pros and cons of following fashion trends. These are some pros of following fashion trends. It makes shopping in stores easier. Many stores carry clothing that will sell. The most popular style. Making your shopping life a lot simpler. But what’s fun about following trends, without having a bit of competition?
Following these trends will lead to you having various amounts of competition . Young men and women, tend to compete against each other when It comes to fashion. They want to be the very best at wearing that specific style of clothing. Creating conflict between one another. Causing you to strive and be more creative. Your creativity  will make you stand out. Making people look up to you. Popularity is another way of putting it. People will began talking about you, making you known. Ranking you higher in the popularity level. But following fashion trends may not be the best decision.. These are the cons of following trends. Many people will see you a certain way, or categorize you for dressing a certain way. Earning a identifier. This identifier may not fit your style. Leaving you with a name, you rather not be called. Another con is, you may lose yourself. You will be set on being like everyone, you’ll forget how you truly are. Many don’t follow fashion trends to be known, but rather because they enjoy the style.