Inner Rebellion | Teen Ink

Inner Rebellion

August 16, 2013
By Truth_and_Love SILVER, Ponte Vedra Beach, Florida
Truth_and_Love SILVER, Ponte Vedra Beach, Florida
5 articles 0 photos 10 comments

To rebel is to stand up and represent what is inside; what has meaning to you. Many think that rebellion and revolution is one in the same, or that one is more radical than the other, but they are very different. Rebellion is what I said, but revolution is fighting against an idea. It is fighting against a force in hopes to establish a new order, but the fighting is pointless. It will result in the creation of a new order the same as the old. Nothing will be done. The only thing that will be done is destruction and sadness. No revolution can succeed, because it starts adopting the old ways- the ways of fighting and viciousness. It attacks the old ways and uses the excuse that, "it is okay because we are establishing a new better order," but this new order is the same. Once it starts killing others and using the same radical methods of that which it opposes, it becomes on in the same. In fact, when a revolutionary destroy his opposing forces, he has become officially worse than that which he opposed, because to do so, he had to be more violent and destructive and cause even more pain to establish his new order, that is really the same as the old, but if the revolutionary had instead represented the change he wanted to be in the world, he could have made a difference. When you show others the truth inside you, you are beautiful- you are attractive and appealing and your beauty will shrine through you; it will pour out nonstop. The joy that you have coming from inside will go to others and they will feel joy from you, and you from them, and the cycle goes on and on. This is the way to make change. Real change is made when a rebel decides to stand up and represent the beauty he wants to see in his world. This is the only way to make changes. Revolution and upheaval only leads to pain. When you need change, when something inside you is yelling at you saying, "I want to be me. I want to be different and do it this way," follow that voice. It will lead you to a world that is different- a world affected by inner rebellion.


The author's comments:
I try to find a way to be myself, yet not cause harm to others in this piece.