GoPro Popularity at Arrowhead | Teen Ink

GoPro Popularity at Arrowhead

May 21, 2013
By kjoyo94 SILVER, Sussex, Wisconsin
kjoyo94 SILVER, Sussex, Wisconsin
6 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Do you ever wish you got that sick flip on camera, or your friend’s really embarrassing moment? Well, students at Arrowhead are realizing the convenience and versatility of the GoPro cameras.

GoPro cameras are small cameras used to film intense sporting events from the view of the athlete. Although that’s what they were designed for, they are extremely versatile and can be used in any way the filmer can think up. The prices of GoPros range from $199.99 - $399.99.

Arrowhead junior Nick DeWerff uses his GoPro while he’s snowboarding.
“I attach one to my helmet pointed in front of me, and one on the front of my board pointed at me. I love going back and watching my videos, it’s like going snowboarding all over again,” says DeWerff.

Former Arrowhead student Ethan Hebbe has two GoPros and uses them to film everything “What I always say is ‘you don’t know what looks awesome until you try and film it.’ So I just try and film whenever I can. You can always delete… You must GoPro everything,” says Hebbe.
Over the 2012 summer, Hebbe used his GoPro to make a video of everything he did, edited it all together and made an exciting video that can be found on his Facebook page.

GoPro’s slogan is “World’s Most Versatile Camera. Wear it. Mount it. Love it.”

There are a plethora of accessories for the GoPro’s: mounts for helmets, undersides of airplanes, chest straps, ski polls, ends of snowboards… there are mounts for just about anything.
GoPro has a daily “everything we make giveaway” where people sign up every day to win all the accessories and a GoPro. To do this you can sign up, but if you’re from Canada, be prepared to answer a timed math question!

Get out there and get filming!


The author's comments:
I love GoPro filming, and they come in handy everywhere.