Future of Medicine | Teen Ink

Future of Medicine

By JasmineSidhu SILVER, Valencia, California
JasmineSidhu SILVER, Valencia, California

One job that will have an indefinite run in society is that of a doctor. Regardless of a person’s wealth, ethnicity, race or gender, everyone needs a doctor. Currently, medicine is a field that has immense potential and opportunities available in research. Fundamental anatomical parts such as the brain are yet to be completely understood. Research regarding stem cells and genomes opens an endless supply of possibilities for the medical field.
In the past few decades, medicine has been revolutionized with new technology such as the Internet. In a sense, medicine has been industrialized. The speed with which tasks can be performed has helped make medicine available to different groups of people. It is the reason why in the past decade heart disease dropped 40%. The mentality of society has also seen a transition with anti-smoking campaigns and intense advocacy against driving under the influence. What was once seen as a fashion statement is now considered a taboo. Essentially, the persistence and dedication of doctors have positively impacted the world.
This career will seen an immense boost in upcoming years because there will be a shortcoming of doctors. With the age demographic of America changing significantly, there will be a lot of vacant spots open for prospective doctors. The problem is that the job requires eight years of schooling on top of residency and taking the MCAT in an economy in which most students are struggling against record high tuition rates. Primarily, the way to get ahead in this field is by having persistence, patience, and dedication. Having can connections can help one get a job in the best hospitals, but ultimately it comes down to whether you truly love your job or not.

on Oct. 21 2016 at 9:40 am
I Agree with it all