Simply Divine | Teen Ink

Simply Divine

February 23, 2013
By Katsa13 GOLD, Axtell, Texas
Katsa13 GOLD, Axtell, Texas
11 articles 0 photos 5 comments

Favorite Quote:
Don't make someone a priority if all you are to them is an option - Josh Shipp


The world today is an insecure one. People are led to believe that there is something wrong with them that needs to be fixed. Girls need to be prettier. Guys need to be stronger. Those are two of the most common insecurities people have about themselves.
I'm going to let you in on a secret that doesn't have to be so secret. Girls don't need to be gorgeous, and guys don't need to be extremely strong or athletic. The same goes for any other insecurity you may have. You are exactly the way you were meant to be. I'm not saying you're perfect, but you are exactly what God designed you to be. You are of His creation, which should make you above trivial matters like looks and strength. You are of divine making.
I tell my sister this all the time when she isn't worrying about the way she looks. "You are simply divine." To me, that means that you are just the way you need to be, but you didn't have to change anything about yourself to be that way.
So, if you're ever having a bad day, if you ever feel like you're not good enough, or if someone else is trying to make you feel that way, try to remember this. You are not perfect, but that does not make you unworthy. You are beautiful with no makeup. You are strong without working out. You are smart without the highest grades. You are loved by the One who created you.
You are simply divine.


The author's comments:
I tell my sister all the time that she is simply divine. I think it's helped her, so hopefully, it'll help you, too.