What happened...

What happened to society? I mean, who made it that girls have to be size one or below to be pretty? Or that guys have to be star football players to be popular? I just don't think its right. Girls should feel beautiful no matter what size they are, and guys should be popular for being who they are. People don't realize how much these things are true, and honestly, they just go along with it. But I am tired of feeling so worthless and unwanted. What happened to being a virgin at 16 and waiting until marriage to have sex? What happened to being proud of who you are and embracing it.
People nowadays aren't even themselves. They try so hard to be "normal" and try so hard to hide their demons. But we can never reach normal. Too many people have too many definitions, but to tell you the truth, I want to change it all. I'd rather be hated for who I am, then loved for who I'm not, and I am tired of playing this charade. Do you want to know who I am? I am a thirteen year old "geek" who plays the flute, listens to music non-stop, and gets in trouble for reading in class; I am a thirteen year old girl that, yes, used to feel worthless and helpless. But I got over it because society ruins the best of souls. I read like there is no tomorrow. You'll never catch me with out my iPod. I am a geek when it comes to math, and I love going for walks at night.
So what if I'm a geek? So what if I love to read? So what if I believe in angels? and so what if I break down in public when someone mentions cancer. We all have our demons, and we all have our baggage. It's what makes us us. I'm not saying that size ones or below aren't beautiful, I am saying every one is beautiful in their own way. Anyone who tells you otherwise is just jealous. I'm not saying that football jocks shouldn't be popular, I'm just saying that the 'mathletes' or 'band-geeks' or 'writing-freaks' should get their time to shine too.
What happened to society that made it so that everyone has to be self conscious? Why does everyone put labels on everyone else. I just want to know. What happened?

BringMeTheHorizon018 said...
Amazing, nailed exactly the way it is. Great work!

B-Artistic said...
Feb. 24, 2012 at 9:23 am

I love it Angel.....

I can see how pure this article is.....,

and how pure as a person you are......

it makes me wanna fall in love with you....

ha ha ha ha....

((DONT MIND ME!!))

sorry!!

anyways

a great article....

Angelgir39 replied...

Thank you. I am glad you like it :)

I really wanted to tell it how it is....

I could never mind you!

NighttimeVesper said...
I couldn't have said it better myself. This is a fantastic work of words! You've nailed the truth! I wish there were more people like you, because then our world would be a better place!

Angelgir39 replied...
Feb. 23, 2012 at 10:59 am
Thank you for your kind words, it makes me so happy that you said this. Thank you :)

KeepDreaming said...
This is beautiful. Really well thought out. It really brings out what the world is like today. No one will ever know what happened, we'll find out when we die probably. It all comes down to God to when he wants to show us what happened. Kepp writting.

Angelgirl39 replied...
Thank you so much for this comment, you really have no clue how much it means to me