*Lies* | Teen Ink

*Lies*

November 9, 2011
By imalwayswrite53 GOLD, Saltlake City, Utah
imalwayswrite53 GOLD, Saltlake City, Utah
13 articles 1 photo 23 comments

Favorite Quote:
I know you believe you understand what you think I said, but what you don't realize is that what I said is not what I meant......


In the spring my allergies get really bad. Especially last week, with all the fluids coming form my face I could have fed a small army for a month. I was in the grocery store trying to clean my self up a little bit before checking out so the cashier wouldn't think I was completely crazy. I must of looked pretty bad because some strange lady came up and hugged me. "It's all right, everything's going to be alright," she told me. Well I didn't have the heart to tell her that it was only allergies, so instead I wailed, "but it hurts so bad!"
No, that's a lie. I' don't have allergies. I've never been hugged by a random stranger in the grocery store. that story belongs to my neighbor, but they told it to me and now it's mine.
Or the time I broke my ankle when I fell down the stairs and then fell a second time only to break the other. But that's a lie too.
I've never broken any bones, but thats not true either.
Funny how many times on a single page a writer can lie to you and you don't even give it a second thought, or do you?


The author's comments:
I'm reading The House on Mango Street in English class, this is my very own vignette. :)