Harry Potter VS Twilight

Every Harry Potter and Twilight fan has been consumed by the latest controversy, to choose The Twilight Series or The Harry Potter Series. It might seem like an easy decision at first, but when it comes down to it, you’re left reviewing the pros and the cons of each side, in terms of the films and the books.

Lets start with the target audience for each of the series. Firstly, the Harry Potter books, which have a very general target audience and isn’t aimed at a particular gender although the majority of the audience is children, aged 10-15. Secondly, the Twilight books are aimed at adolescent females, due to the content and higher reading level. So it depends on what age group and gender you are that affects what you might think of each series, for example, if there was a group of adolescent males it is most likely that most of them will pick Harry Potter as they might consider the Twilight Series ‘stupid’ or the characters ‘pathetic’.

It also depends on your personality, if you are a hopeless romantic, you would definitely prefer the Twilight Series, however, if you like a bit of romance, some action and a mix of comedy, then Harry Potter would appeal to you more. Moreover, as well as personality, the way your mind works can affect it too. Harry Potter has been said to be complicated as there’s a lot going on and you have to keep track of a lot of facts as you go through the series, however, in Twilight, all you have to keep track of is that Bella is stuck in a love triangle and when vampires are hungry their eyes turn red. That is all.

When comparing the two series, it’s best to review what’s best about each, and what’s worst. Harry Potter has taken the world by storm, by its characters, its school, its world and its story however, some people consider it too complicated and confusing. As for Twilight, teenage girls swoon over the actors with six packs playing the male leads, and obsess over the ‘exiting’ love triangle entwined with several other relationships, but it has been said by people who have read the books that it is ‘boring’ ‘slow moving’ with ‘low character development.’ ‘Who are these people?’ you might ask, well, these people happen to make up most of the Harry Potter fans.

There has been no investigation as to which side has the more fans, although, it’s not just the children who love these series, many adults and authors have read these books. Stephen King reviewed both series and came up with “Harry Potter is about confronting fears, finding inner strength and doing what it right in the face of adversity. Twilight is about how important it is to have a boyfriend.”

In conclusion, whether you’re a ‘Potterhead’ or a ‘Twihard’ the rivalry continues as people from all over the world speaking different tongues fight over which fantasy series is better. So pick your side, Stephen King did.

Luckystar78 said...
I love the harry potter series and despise twilight...it's just a craze, whereas harry potter has everything you could want out of a book and more...not to criticise those twihard fans out there but the choice is pretty simple when it comes to plot, originality, character development and literary skill...HP forever!

RamitaThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Mar. 1, 2012 at 8:21 am:

I loved the review!

I'm definitely a Potterhead and btw, LOVE your name. :D 

HARRY POTTER FTW. 

TheHalfBloodPrincess replied...
May 12, 2012 at 1:00 am :
haha thanks :D Are you on pottermore? :D I agree XD Harry Potter Foreverrrr :D

wilderose121 said...
FCD! this is really good. I like how criticizing you are of both sides, though I'm a bit more of a 'Potterhead' myself.

TheHalfBloodPrincess replied...
May 12, 2012 at 12:53 am :
Thanks!! :D I love Harry Potter :)