Cheers to The Boy Who Lived | Teen Ink

Cheers to The Boy Who Lived

July 27, 2011
By WriterGirl08 PLATINUM, Ghaziabad, Other
WriterGirl08 PLATINUM, Ghaziabad, Other
30 articles 0 photos 11 comments

Favorite Quote:
In my mind, I can climb intricate scaffolds of words to reach the highest ceiling of the cathedral and paint my thoughts. But when I open my mouth, it all collapses.
- Isaac Marion, Warm Bodies


15th July, it all ended on 15th July. Some called it the end of an era, and the beginning of a legend. And it truly was. Fans all around the world cried their eyes out as the Harry Potter series drew to an end for once and all, thanks to the release of the last movie in the series, Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows part 2. The journey had drawn to an end, as it was as sad for the fans as much as the cast and crew of the series, who had been playing their respective roles since they were 9,10, or 11 for over a decade. No more Hogwarts for us, no more Platform 9 3/4, no more Hagrid's hut, no more Peeves, no more ghosts, no more Dumbledore's office, no more Horcruxes to track down, or as we put it, NO MORE LIFE. It all seemed so real. More real than our own world. It is still hard to believe it all was just a figment of our imagination. But the world is so complete in itself, with all the good and evil, that's our own world seems small and fake in comparision.As we drowned in our tears, no exaggeration honestly, JK Rowling saved us all from much further dismay, announcing about Pottermore, the site that will be OUR very own Hogwarts, where we'll be sorted into houses, have duels, mix potions, roam around at night, of course! And also, get to know much more about the characters. The very characters that our now a part of our life, and hold a special place in all our hearts.The movie was awesome, especially in 3D. Everything was excellent about it, from direction to the actors and the scenes. But frankly, I expected the "19 Tears Later" part to be a bit more cheery and happy, but it is rather grim. I would have expected it to end on a more happy and optimistic note. The end dampened the spirit of the movie, the adrenalin rush that came from watching The Battle of Hogwarts was subdued. For potterfans, anything would work, since it was the end. But personally, the movie could've been better. Some parts did not live up to the hype, but all in all, it was indeed no doubt a memorable movie. Cheers to The Boy Who Lived!