using cell phones while driving should be banned | Teen Ink

using cell phones while driving should be banned

Have you ever use cell phones while driving? Cell phones are used everywhere all the time. When I walk on the street, I can see half of the people texting and calling while driving and it’s very dangerous. There’s a lot of discussion if cell phones should be banned. Using cell phones while driving should be banned.
First, car accidents occur because of using cell phones while driving. For example, according to http://www.edgarsnyder.com/car-accident/cell-phone/statistics.html, 25% of car accidents occur because of cell phones. This shows using cell phone in cars distracts people to drive. Because of this many people die for no reason. In addition,
Secondly, banning cell phones while driving will decrease the amount of teenager’s death in car accidents. For example, according to http://www.car-accidents.com/teen-car-accidents.html, 5000 teenagers die by car accidents. If teenagers don’t use cell phones while driving, 1200 teenagers are going to be excluded from the list. This shows the reader to know that how life is important and nothing can compare to teenager’s life. In addition, more teens will reach their goal when they were younger. This means that more teens will become an adult if they don’t die during teenager’s age.
Thirdly, banning cell phones while driving will decrease financial problems for many families. For example, some people don’t have car and medical insurance when they get into serious car accidents. This can make a person very stressful and need to pay the debts for a long time. These problems can lead a person to suicide. In addition, teenagers and adults should be careful on using cell phones while driving. If they are careful with it, car accidents will decrease and there will be no financial problems. Also, people won’t argue about getting cell phones illegalized while driving.
Lastly, many teenagers will argue with my writing. I want to tell the teenagers that cell phones while driving can be helpful. For example, many people get bored of driving, so they text other friends or call other friends while driving. This makes people drive with happiness. Some people think they’re going to die if a cell phone isn’t with them for one second. This is crazy! I love to text and call people, but please be careful using cell phones while driving.
In conclusion, cell phones while driving should be illegalized. There’s a quote that says. “A careful driver is one who honks his horn when he goes through a red light.” (Henry Morgan) This quote exactly explains my writing. I enjoyed writing this essay. I learned that I need to be very careful on everything I do. It was very fun and I realized how dangerous it was to text or call while driving.

Porcara said...
The message barely gets through the poor grammar and disorganized, rambling prose. Perhaps other teens will find this "style" acceptable. I don't claim to know. What I did take away from this essay is that Anonymous is on the right track. Every state in the Union needs to enact legislation banning phone use while driving. Texting or talking while you're driving may make you feel cool, or superior to others. "See how important I am? I have to take this call."
Pull over. Park the car. Talk. Text. Finish. Shut off the phone. Then get back into traffic. As James Dean said, The life you save might be mine.
But how many of you know who James Dean was?

Porcara said...