Summer | Teen Ink

Summer

By Emily Hoyt BRONZE, Ashburn, Virginia
Emily Hoyt BRONZE, Ashburn, Virginia

“Day walks, nights talks, sleepless nights, pillow fights, and spending everyday with those who matter most. That’s summer.” Summer is my favorite season; winter plays with your mind. Some days are snowy and couldn’t get any colder, and others are warm and make you think spring is coming. Summer is constant and just a matter of how extreme the heat will be day after day. The days seem endless, and there are so many possibilities of things to do. I like not being on a schedule, so you have nowhere to be at any specific time. One of my favorite things to do is go to the beach. It is the most peaceful place in the world. When you close your eyes, and hear the ocean, it feels as if nothing else matters. Being carefree changes your whole perspective on life and it seems like everyone is happy all the time.

Another thing I love about summer is being with my friends all the time. We spend day after day doing things like going to carnivals and exploring. In the summer time I feel so healthy because we walk everywhere. To and from friends’ houses we walk because there’s no reason to be inside. We also go on bike rides and go to the pool all the time. Every year I get so excited and anxious for summertime to come around.

Last year at about this time, I couldn’t take the winter and cold anymore, so my mom and I went to Florida to stay with my uncle for a week. We spent the whole week tanning on the beach and eating at outdoor restaurants. One day we woke up at five in the morning and rode our bikes down to the beach and watched the sunrise. Reminiscing on memories like that excites me for this summer. I can’t wait to step outside and feel the summer air instead of the bitter winter.

SASOU32 said...
on Dec. 5 2013 at 6:58 pm
 IN MY SUMMER TIME I LIKE EATING ,DRINKING , TALK