Arrowhead Cross country | Teen Ink

Arrowhead Cross country

Last Weekend, the Warhawks participated at Wisconsin Adidas Invitational at the University of Wisconsin-Madison. The Hawks entered the talent laden ranked second in the state and were favorites along with state number one Madison West.
Junior Russ Sandvold led the Warhawks with a second place finish and a time of 15 minutes 49 seconds in the 5000-meter race. Junior Kyle Lewin placed third for the Warhawks with a time of 15 minutes 53 seconds.
“We ran a good race today. We knew we were able to run with the best in the state, and some people were underestimating our ranking. We proved today that we are worthy of our rank. I was proud of the way we ran,” said Arrowhead senior Mike Fox.
Coach Mike Mulrooney said he was pleased with Arrowhead's efforts and isn't disappointed the team fell short for the team title, especially considering the Warhawks' top five logged personal-record times.
"Madison West is the team everyone is chasing and we're pleased with how well we ran," said Mulrooney, who is in his 31st season at the helm at Arrowhead. "When the pressure was on, I was proud our runners delivered.
"I think we're very pleased to be that close to the team I think is the No. 1 team in the state."
The Warhawks, led by a strong core of junior runners are heading into the post season with high aspirations and are aiming for a state title.