The Vampire Diaries | Teen Ink

The Vampire Diaries

April 19, 2010
By laurenn BRONZE, Idkkkkk, Wisconsin
laurenn BRONZE, Idkkkkk, Wisconsin
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

Introduction:
The Vampire Diaries is an exciting new novel for teens. Two dangerous and mysterious vampires move to Fells Church in America. They are brothers that have held tremendous grudges against one another for hundreds of years. This novel gives details about the human and vampire lives. It states that vampires can live anywhere among society. This book has approximately 255 pages of adventurous events. This book is now a movie. In addition to this book, there are also three more books in this series. L.J. Smith writes this book as a love story to entertain readers like never before. Teenagers will love this new book, because it is a dangerous love/horror story.
Body:

The author L.J. Smith has written many more books. She has written “The Night World” series, “The Secret Circle” series, “The Forbidden Game” series, and “Dark Visions” series. She also has other books that are not currently in a series. The Night of the Solstice and Heart of Valor are her other books. The Awakening was published in 1991. L.J. Smith is publishing more books in these series very soon. These books are may be very exciting as well.
The book has three main characters that go by the names of Elena, Damon, and Stefan. Elena is the most popular girl in school and gets all of the guys that she wants. Damon is a very dangerous vampire driven by an urge for revenge against his brother Stefan. Stefan is brooding and mysterious and seems to be the only one who can resist Elena. Elena has a popularity group of her closest friends. Bonnie is a redhead that has physic powers passed down from her grandmother. Meredith is a brunette who is the calmest in the most frightening situations. Matt, who Elena used to date, is her best guy friend that is like a brother to Elena. Caroline used to be one of Elena’s closest friends but she becomes very suspicious and mean around her.

This book is as much exciting as it is frightening. One can only read it to find the difficulties and challenges (mental and physical) the characters face. Elena has a hard time trying to steal Stefan’s heart. “From the very beginning, you’ve avoided me as if I were…were some kind of leper. I tried to be friendly to you, and you threw it back in my face.” Stefan struggles to protect Elena from his horrid past.

Conclusion:

This book is not for everyone. Most likely if you despise vampires you will hate this book. If you have enjoyed other books about vampires and you liked them, more than likely you will be very fond of this particular book. The book is Twilight by Stephanie Meyer; you may like The Vampire Diaries. If you have strict parents that are particular about what you read you may not want to read this book. Although it does have some profanity it isn’t that bad. I would give it a two out of five according to profanity.


The author's comments:
this is a book report!!!