Welcome to Bieberville | Teen Ink

Welcome to Bieberville

April 18, 2010
By neyat123 GOLD, Hawthorne, California
neyat123 GOLD, Hawthorne, California
17 articles 0 photos 15 comments

There is one voice that by now, even un-hip parents have come to recognize; and it belongs to none other than sixteen year-old Pop/R&B sensation, Justin Bieber. The dreamy sixteen year-old’s face adorns the walls, screen savers, phone wallpaper, and dreams of the helpless girl’s whose heart’s he’s so suavely stolen. His, charm, good looks, and of course his stunning voice, have made Bieber America’s, correction, the world’s, most eligible bachelor; in the minds of tween/teen girls anyway.
Justin Bieber was born and raised in Stratford, Ontario, Canada. He is a self-taught musician and self learned to play the piano, drums, guitar, and trumpet unaided. At the tender age of twelve, Justin entered his first singing competition, and thus, he embarked on his journey to super-hunk stardom. In late 2007, this talented heartthrob and his mother, Pattie (who raised him single-handedly) began posting videos of his performances on YouTube so that his family and friends could watch them on-line whenever they could not attend. The two posted his covers of songs by Chris Brown, Ne-Yo, Usher, Justin Timberlake and many other leading music artists.
Justin and his mother thought that posting videos on YouTube was just a nice and convenient way of sharing his talent with relatives who’d missed performances, but these very videos are what got him his big break. Scooter Braun, previous marketing executive of So So Def, caught sight of his videos and immediately flew young Justin to Atlanta, Georgia, where he was able to meet and sing for singer/songwriter, Usher. After an audition Usher landed for Justin, Antonio L.A. Reid was blown away and signed him to Island Records in October 2008, without hesitation. Usher was lucky enough to beat Justin Timberlake in the running for the chance to sign golden boy, Justin Bieber. After signing with Usher, Bieber and his mother moved down to Atlanta, home of Usher and Braun, to jump start, his now amazingly successful career.

On November 17, 2009, Bieber released his first album entitled, My World. The album features his single “One Time”, which sky rocketed to #12 on the Canadian Hot 100 during its first week of release. The single later reached #17 on the Billboard Hot 100. This catchy song went Platinum in Canada and America and Gold in Australia and New Zealand. His three consecutive singles following, “One Less Lonely Girl”, “Favorite Girl”, and “Love Me” proved very successful as well. It was becoming apparent that popular songs weren’t going to be a one time (pun intended) thing for Bieber. For doing so well and being such a great role model, Justin was voted as the #5 “Best Good Example of 2009” by AOL’s JSYK. Another crowning achievement for Bieber’s music career was his invitation to sing for President and Mrs. Obama at the White House for Christmas in Washington; for their hearing pleasure, he belted out a beautiful cover of Stevie Wonder’s Christmas ballad, “Someday at Christmas”. Among many of his guest appearances on talk shows, late night shows, and specials a plenty, the loveable vocalist also sang the opening line of the 25th Anniversary remake of “We are The World” for benefits toward earthquake-stricken Haiti. More recently in January 2010, Justin Bieber released his smash single, “Baby”, from the second half of his album. This song, featuring Ludacris, became his biggest hit yet, peaking at #5 in the United States, and also made it in the top ten internationally, in a whopping seven other countries. Bieber’s high charting has named him the youngest solo male act to top the chart since Stevie Wonder in 1963.
Some (green with envy of course) despise Bieber’s work and often remark on his voice, which they say resembles that of a female’s. Many also, mock his lyrics and believe he is singing about love prematurely. Obviously, Justin Bieber has done everything but allow these green-eyed souls to ruin him; he’s achieved so much in so little time. In fact, many beg to differ with these Bieber-haters, and love his rich, resonating voice, and feel his lyrics are just fine the way they are. I for one have come to realize that hearing a Justin Bieber hit is like getting the chicken pox; once your ears are exposed to his harmonizing (not to mention mesmerizing) melodies, there’s no turning back. No calamine lotion or oatmeal bath could rid you of the pox that is Justin Bieber. All terrible metaphors aside, Justin Bieber has won the hearts of many (including my own) and is definitely here to stay. It is a given that greater successes will follow him….as well as his screaming, devoted fans.