Welcome to Bieberville | Teen Ink

Welcome to Bieberville

By neyat123 GOLD, Hawthorne, California
neyat123 GOLD, Hawthorne, California

There is one voice that by now, even un-hip parents have come to recognize; and it belongs to none other than sixteen year-old Pop/R&B sensation, Justin Bieber. The dreamy sixteen year-old’s face adorns the walls, screen savers, phone wallpaper, and dreams of the helpless girl’s whose heart’s he’s so suavely stolen. His, charm, good looks, and of course his stunning voice, have made Bieber America’s, correction, the world’s, most eligible bachelor; in the minds of tween/teen girls anyway.
Justin Bieber was born and raised in Stratford, Ontario, Canada. He is a self-taught musician and self learned to play the piano, drums, guitar, and trumpet unaided. At the tender age of twelve, Justin entered his first singing competition, and thus, he embarked on his journey to super-hunk stardom. In late 2007, this talented heartthrob and his mother, Pattie (who raised him single-handedly) began posting videos of his performances on YouTube so that his family and friends could watch them on-line whenever they could not attend. The two posted his covers of songs by Chris Brown, Ne-Yo, Usher, Justin Timberlake and many other leading music artists.
Justin and his mother thought that posting videos on YouTube was just a nice and convenient way of sharing his talent with relatives who’d missed performances, but these very videos are what got him his big break. Scooter Braun, previous marketing executive of So So Def, caught sight of his videos and immediately flew young Justin to Atlanta, Georgia, where he was able to meet and sing for singer/songwriter, Usher. After an audition Usher landed for Justin, Antonio L.A. Reid was blown away and signed him to Island Records in October 2008, without hesitation. Usher was lucky enough to beat Justin Timberlake in the running for the chance to sign golden boy, Justin Bieber. After signing with Usher, Bieber and his mother moved down to Atlanta, home of Usher and Braun, to jump start, his now amazingly successful career.

On November 17, 2009, Bieber released his first album entitled, My World. The album features his single “One Time”, which sky rocketed to #12 on the Canadian Hot 100 during its first week of release. The single later reached #17 on the Billboard Hot 100. This catchy song went Platinum in Canada and America and Gold in Australia and New Zealand. His three consecutive singles following, “One Less Lonely Girl”, “Favorite Girl”, and “Love Me” proved very successful as well. It was becoming apparent that popular songs weren’t going to be a one time (pun intended) thing for Bieber. For doing so well and being such a great role model, Justin was voted as the #5 “Best Good Example of 2009” by AOL’s JSYK. Another crowning achievement for Bieber’s music career was his invitation to sing for President and Mrs. Obama at the White House for Christmas in Washington; for their hearing pleasure, he belted out a beautiful cover of Stevie Wonder’s Christmas ballad, “Someday at Christmas”. Among many of his guest appearances on talk shows, late night shows, and specials a plenty, the loveable vocalist also sang the opening line of the 25th Anniversary remake of “We are The World” for benefits toward earthquake-stricken Haiti. More recently in January 2010, Justin Bieber released his smash single, “Baby”, from the second half of his album. This song, featuring Ludacris, became his biggest hit yet, peaking at #5 in the United States, and also made it in the top ten internationally, in a whopping seven other countries. Bieber’s high charting has named him the youngest solo male act to top the chart since Stevie Wonder in 1963.
Some (green with envy of course) despise Bieber’s work and often remark on his voice, which they say resembles that of a female’s. Many also, mock his lyrics and believe he is singing about love prematurely. Obviously, Justin Bieber has done everything but allow these green-eyed souls to ruin him; he’s achieved so much in so little time. In fact, many beg to differ with these Bieber-haters, and love his rich, resonating voice, and feel his lyrics are just fine the way they are. I for one have come to realize that hearing a Justin Bieber hit is like getting the chicken pox; once your ears are exposed to his harmonizing (not to mention mesmerizing) melodies, there’s no turning back. No calamine lotion or oatmeal bath could rid you of the pox that is Justin Bieber. All terrible metaphors aside, Justin Bieber has won the hearts of many (including my own) and is definitely here to stay. It is a given that greater successes will follow him….as well as his screaming, devoted fans.

livkota said...
on Nov. 22 2010 at 9:21 pm
I LOVE JBIEBES!!!  I am a HUGE Bieleber!  I know the words to ALL of his songs!

dragonsrock said...
on Sep. 19 2010 at 12:30 am
you people are all nuts. justin beiber sucks. i'm 13, and i have no problem saying i hate the little girl- whoops, boy. i heard him on the radio once, and i thought he was a girl, and i showed it to my mom, and she thought it was a girl, and she's a pro musician. i only check on him to see if he sounds any less self centerd or desperate, but he doesnt.

jb4eva said...
on May. 31 2010 at 1:45 pm
i'm a chicken. rofl

jb4eva said...
on May. 31 2010 at 1:44 pm
ok but he gets a lot of fan mail every day. i don't think he's gonna answer. and i don't know what to write!!! i mean i can't just write a letter that's like, "Dear Justin, I'm a really big fan. Please write back." im alil scared

biebergirl1 said...
on May. 31 2010 at 11:18 am
biebergirl1, White Plains, New York
seee if he replies back

jb4eva said...
on May. 23 2010 at 8:10 pm

Good idea!!!! I gotta try that!!!! THANKS :)

biebergirl1 said...
on May. 22 2010 at 8:38 pm
biebergirl1, White Plains, New York

send him a letter to his recording company thats what im gonna do

jb4eva said...
on May. 22 2010 at 3:59 pm

haha moi aussi.

i wish i knew him in real life... that would be so amazing!!!

biebergirl1 said...
on May. 19 2010 at 7:31 pm
biebergirl1, White Plains, New York
oui oui j'adore jb aussi

jb4eva said...
on May. 10 2010 at 5:42 pm

tu parles francais aussi???? c'est magnifique!

j'adore JB

biebergirl1 said...
on May. 9 2010 at 6:14 pm
biebergirl1, White Plains, New York
OMG those are my favorite songs too i listened to the song in french and i fell in love its so beautiful. im learning french too!!! love jb!

jb4eva said...
on May. 4 2010 at 7:53 pm
thanks! and you should, it sounds really beautiful in French. :)

neyat123 GOLD said...
on May. 4 2010 at 6:42 pm
neyat123 GOLD, Hawthorne, California
Ooh, those songs are awesome! And, I think it's cool your learning French, I'll have to listen to that version! :D

jb4eva said...
on May. 4 2010 at 10:33 am

well... from My World, my favorite is Down To Earth.  And from My World 2.0, That Should Be Me.  I also found this song Justin is singing on YouTube called Where Are You Now it's beautiful.  

by the way did you know Justin speaks French? I found the French version of One Less Lonely Girl on YouTube its so amazing!!! and I'm learning French so I understand all of it. you have to hear it it's so awesome!

neyat123 GOLD said...
on May. 3 2010 at 6:53 pm
neyat123 GOLD, Hawthorne, California
Thanks so much! Yeah, my friends always laugh at me when I say I like him, but I don't feel ashamed! :D And about my favorite song...I'm still not sure, but I try to listen to the one's that aren't as famous as well, to have an un-biased, well-rounded choice (I'll get back to you when I decide). But, what's your's? :)

jb4eva said...
on May. 3 2010 at 2:08 pm

you are SO right.  everyone at my school (except for me- I love him) hates Justin Bieber and they think he sounds like a seven year old girl. seven year old girls must have extremely messed up voices to sound that great. and there's nothing wrong with the lyrics at all- the haters are jealous but they'll nevr admit it.

loved the  "terrible chicken pox metaphor." haha thanks for not being a hater. :)

just wondering- what's your favorite Justin Bieber song?

on May. 2 2010 at 9:41 am
This was fabulous! It was great to read about how Justin Bieber got started! :)