Haiti

When comparing the country of Haiti pre-earthquake to Haiti post-earthquake, there are some extreme differences. Haiti used to be a country with beautiful mountain sides running along the streets before the destructive earthquake. The earthquake caused the mountains to crumbled and fill the road with huge boulders and rocks. The streets are also now filled with debris from all of the, once standing, colorfully decorated cement house that were destroyed. Before the earthquake, communicating with other people in country, as well as out of country was simple. All you needed to do to talk to someone was dial a person’s number on your cell phone. Now, all of the phone lines being down, it is an extreme challenge to try and get even a bit of service to complete a call. The biggest change that occurred in Haiti is the hearts of the Haitian people. Instead of only looking out for their own interests, like they did pre-earthquake, they are very aware of the struggling people all around them, and they do their best they can to help out. Haiti is a primarily voodoo country, and is actually the voodoo capital of the world. Before the earthquake, many people practiced voodoo religiously and were extremely anti-Christian. After the earthquake however, more and more people started turning to God and becoming Christians. The 8.3 magnitude earthquake that took Haiti by surprise has forever changed the country of Haiti as a whole.

I wrote this article because my family has been regularly going to Haiti on mission trips before the earthquake, and I was actually in Haiti at the time of the earthquake. I have first hand experience and knowledge of what happened and what Haiti has become. I was located at the epicenter of the earthquake.

on Mar. 31 2011 at 1:35 pm
luvxmex4xwutxIxam, 2, Colorado

(Revelation 21:4) And he will wipe out every tear from their eyes, and death will be no more, neither will mourning nor outcry nor pain be anymore. The former things have passed away.”

(Psalm 37:28-29) For Jehovah is a lover of justice, And he will not leave his loyal ones. To time indefinite they will certainly be guarded; But as for the offspring of the wicked ones, they will indeed be cut off. 29 The righteous themselves will possess the earth, And they will reside forever upon it.

Matthew 24:3,7.

MacMillan Books

Aspiring Writer? Take Our Online Course!