Art: What is it to you? | Teen Ink

Art: What is it to you?

By lmp416 PLATINUM, Brockton, Massachusetts
lmp416 PLATINUM, Brockton, Massachusetts

"Sometimes people write the things that they can't say." -One Tree Hill

The dictionary definition of art is the quality, production, expression, or realm, according to aesthetic principles, of what is beautiful, appealing, or of more than ordinary significance. But what does art mean to you? Is it a beautiful drawing or painting? An interesting photograph? Poetry? Or is it a dance? What's your favorite form of art? I've heard music, photography, writing, drawing and dance. They're all very different ways to express yourself. I think music is the one most people would probably choose as their favorite simply because there is so much variety of music in the world there is legit something for EVERYONE! Whether you're 6 years old or 60 years old, there is a music genre/song/recording artist for you to listen to. Some people like capturing the moment of something that's beautiful with a camera. Others like to draw. And some even like to dance. Dance is a more physical form of art. You can express yourself physically. But I guess music and dance kind of go together because you have to dance to the music. Art is such a great thing because since there are so many forms of it you can express yourself with something you, yourself, and only you like to do. My favorite form of art is writing. More specifically poetry. I write when I'm sad. I write when I'm happy. I write when I'm mad. I write when I'm stressed. It makes me feel better and express whatever I happen to be feeling at that moment in time. When people think artist they usually think of a painter, or someone that draws amazing pictures. When in reality there are so many different types of artists. Art is everywhere. Art is for everybody.