School is stressing me out lately.
I've just been bombarded with readings and tests and I can't seem to find a good study pattern. The methods I used in high school aren't working as well in college, I keep getting distracted... AND I HAVE TO GET AN A. O.o
So I implore you good people: what helps you focus when studying/ any tips?
Well I don't study. I'm horrible at it. So you should talk to each of your teachers. Ask them for tips. They don't know if you need help on studying if you don't tell them. :)
Haha.... You seem to be sooo serious about studying ha? Take it easy buddy... Chill out, relax and write...... The more you worry about studies, the lower you perform! That's my experience...=) Just make sure you keep up with deadlines, revise each day's lessons and that's enough I guess... It's so easy to excell in college these days coz many people are busy partying and socializing...=P
I'm not in college yet, but I've done ALOT of research, and I got this booklet that has some study tips in it for college students:
1. It's best to review the material right after class when it's still fresh in your memory
2. Don't try to do all the studying the night before the test (this is probably obvious, but I'll post it anyway)
3. review class materials at least several times a week, focusing on one topic at a time
4. find a comfertable and quiet place to study, but not so comfertable you are tempted to take a nap
5. learn the general concept first - don't worry about details until after you understand the basic stuff
6. take plenty of notes (again obvious)
7. take short breaks frequently - your brain actually retains more of the information from the begining and end than in the middle
8. only study with others who are serious about the test
9. listen to relaxing music at a low volume to get rid of boredom
10. don't study later than the time you usually go to sleep