So there's this guy that I like, he's a really good friends, though we're only into our 2nd year of our friendship, I can tell he's a good guy, yet I know he's a player. His heart's been broken before, I can see it when he messes with other girls and it hardened him. I don't want to ruin a good friendship, yet my heart keeps screaming at me to tell him. We flirt, tease and play around with each other a lot, but still ... I'm at a loss of what to do. I really like him too.
Ok. Here's what you do.
1. Tell him how you feel. Be straight up. And honest. Don't hold back.
2. Let him think about it. Guys need time to process things like this. Give him some time to clear up his thoughts.
3. Don't pressure him into telling you how he feels about you. It might scare him off. Then, you're screwed.
4. Accept whatever he tells you. Good or Bad. He'll tell you if he likes you or not in that way. And you need to be mature about it. (Don't think I'm being mean or judgmental. I'm not. I wanna help you.)
5. If he doesn't want to date you, then continue with your friendship. Don't allow this to mess everything up. If he doesn't feel the same way you do about him, don't allow this to ruin your friendship with him.
6. Don't forget rule number 1. This should have been more earlier. But you must not forget rule number 1. Be honest. With him. And more importantly with yourself.
7. Whatever happens, don't live life regretting it. If you don't tell him how you feel, he might find someone else. And you might discover that liked you all along. But he never asked you because he was afraid of ruining your friendship. Or, if you do tell him, but he says he doesn't feel the same way about you like you do with him, at least you'll know.
Good Luck! I mean it. Tell me how it goes.
Thanks. I'll keep all of what you said in mind.
Hey, Mckay .. its been a while, but I took your advice. I told him and we dated for about 2 weeks then we ended it. We're still friends though. Just thought I'd let you know since you did ask for an update and your advice was great. Later.