I have decided to create a thread where hardcore Evanescence fans can meet, share their favorite songs, and just chat with others who like this amazing band!
A few prompts to begin the discussion:
1. What is your favorite Evanescence album? Why?
2. Favorite song? Why?
3. Why do you like this band?
4. Where/when did you find it?
5. What got you hooked?
And, as example I will now answer these questions.
1. The Open Door>Evanescence>Origin>Fallen
because I prefer the mature voice of Amy Lee, and the gothic sound of TOD. The new album, however, is one that lifts me up when I'm down. I love the gothicness or Origin, and Fallen's good but just not my favorite
2. Currently it's either Lost in Paradise or Before the Dawn, both very soulful and longing songs.
3. I love this band because they're very relatable with where I am right now, not to mention the vocals. And the fact that they're just awesome.
4. I found it on YouTube, the song Bring Me To Life got me hooked.
5. Just the sound of the band. They're rock with a dark twist and a hint of gothicness, just so unique and original. And again, the vocals.
Okay, Ev fans, the stage is yours! Let us begin the discussion of this awesome band!
1) Fallen- has so many great songs!
2) Everybody's Fool- true to life while still sounding great!
3) They sound amazing and hardcore and amazingly hardcore ;)
4) My older sister and I would always watch music television(like MTV or Fuse) and they were always there, like many other bands I now love.
5) They're simply great. I love the genre, the fact that Amy can belt out lyrics so beautifully, and the sheer meaning behind every word. They're great!
1. The Open Door because every song is so beautiful and emotional and I love them 2. Lacrymosa and Good Enough. On Lacrymosa I love the build in sound, the violin, the choir, it's such a beautiful and powerful song. Good Enough for basically the same reason. 3. I like Evanescence because all of their songs are deeply emotional, powerful, downright beautiful, and Amy can sing like no one else I've ever heard. 4. I've known about Evanescence for a really long time, since my dad had Fallen and he would play My Immortal in the car, but I only began listening to them when I was about 10 or 11. 5. At my friend's house we watched the music video for Bring Me to Life, then after that I bought the song on itunes. After that I started checking out Ev cds from the library, and listening to them a lot, and as of today I have The Open Door, Fallen, Anywhere but Home, and a full fledged obsession. Once I started, I was hooked on the powerful gothic sound.
Oh my gosh, yes Lacrymosa is amazing. Did you know that it was actually a song that got the "worst" reviews on the album? I was so suprised, especially as it was an extremely creative take on Beethoven's Lacrimosa. What do you think of their new album?
@heyoverhere, and yes, amazing and hardcore are two of a million words that could describe this awesome band!
I love Evanesence .. but I thought your post said come hitler :P
1. Evanescence, so many of the songs sound just like me.
2. Lost in Paradise. It's so beautiful and right after my boyfriend told me he loved me I heard it and it sounded so beautiful and I felt so amazing.
3.She voices my soul.
4/5. My older sister used to listen to it all the time. I was only ten so I didn't really care for it. Then when I got older and went goth I came back to it and LOVED it.
Evanescence is my favorite band. I actually don't like Lacrymosa, though. I can't decide on a favorite Ev song.. I think at the moment, I'd say Swimming Home, then TOD being my favorite album. Btw, are you Thran? If you're not, just ignore this, haha... :P
I absolutely love Evanescence.... I first got into when I was going through a bad break-up, and I've been listening ever since.
1, Fallen Very creepy sounding and I love it.
2, I would say either Going Under or My Immortal both are very melodic and very good for a kareoke vocals.
3 It is one of my favorite metal subgenres, Symphonic, and also it is the true essence of gothic music.
4 Better thank Band Hero for this, despite it's poppy setlist, this stands out the most with Bring Me to Life being the ONLY metal song on the list not including DLC content. After That at it all went from there finding it in Rock band 2 and finding many good songs like my favorites, Tourinquet, Bring My To Life, Call Me When You're Sober, Lithium and many more.
5, Bring Me To Life, Going Under, Lithium, My Immortal, the fact that it is a metal band, which is my thing in music, exploring and looking for bands that I would otherwise have never heard of.