Can someone help me before I hit writers block. i need something to use as an idea. Any thoughts?
Hmm...what do you like to write? (Sci-fi, realistic fiction, nonfiction, etc.)
Realistic fiction and non-fiction
Okay. Here are some ideas:
-Write about a father's relationship with his son all through the son's life
-Write about someone learning to drive
-pick your earliest memory and see how much you can write about it
-go on a news site and find a controversial news story. Pick a side and argue for it
-pick a moment in history and write about it
-write a story about a gift
-pick a fairly common or popular career. Write a story about someone who has this career (for instance, you could write about a pilot flying his airplane, maybe almost crashing it and then having to save someone, etc.)
-write a romance story involving a glass of grape juice, a tricycle, and a hairbrush
-write about one person's experiences before, during, or after college
-Look around the room and find something plain or boring. For instance, a glass, a pillowcase or a safety pin. Write 300 words about it. You could describe it, come up with a story about it, or just let it inspire you for something else.
I have a contest in the contests forum that is like the last prompt, if you choose that one.
Thanks! I found a bit of drive after reading the first 3 chapters of my book, so i decided to continue it. Btw, the one I liked best was the romantic story. Makes me feel that I'd like to write on it when I'm feeling corny. :P
Haha, yeah, that one might be fun.
This may help you get started if you need a new story idea. I like to write about talents I wish I had (like singing), and things I wish I could do (like drawing). So if you like watching sports, you could write about a really, really good football player or whatever.
thanks! I've never thought of that
I may have a few ideas...
- A story basing off of this website and what we do on the teenink forums. You can name it Ten Ink or something like that.
- A story about a car radio.
- About a pet that becomes a celebrity.
- New kid at school
- Two guys who have completely different personalities meet on their first day of highschool and become best friends while dominating their daily problems.
- A story about a person who's about to die and he goes through his life and talks about his regrets.
- Starting off the first sentence with "that akward moment when..." and then writing the rest of the story from that point.
Izuo: Hi, I remember you from P&T :P
I've done the last one already. I think I'll do the first one. Thanks so much :)
Dynamo: Haha, yeah. You even used the same format to get our attention.
It's no problem.