The Teen Ink Forums are meant to be your networking tool. Please use them as a creative outlet, a round-table for open discussion on a variety of topics, and to receive feedback from others students about your work. As you know, your peers can often be the best editors.
We hope these forums will be a fun and open place for all Teen Ink users. In order to contribute to the Teen Ink website and forums, users must be between the ages of 13 and 19.
User Guide for Teen Ink ForumsHow the forums work
A Teen Ink staff member will go through all of the posts and manually remove anything inappropriate or offensive. In addition, some posts with questionable language or subject matter will automatically be removed by our content filter. If you are concerned about your thoughts going up immediately and remaining on the forum, it is best to adhere to guidelines laid out below.
Guidelines for posts
1) Absolutely no personal information should be shared. This includes:
Telephone numbersEmail AddressesHome AddressesLinks to online journals (Blogs, Livejournal, My Diary, or any other online journals)Social networking information (Facebook, Myspace, Twitter, LinkedIn, Bebo etc)Instant Messenger Information (AIM, Yahoo Messenger, Pidgin, MSN Messenger, Myspace Messenger, Facebook, etc.)
2) Keep it clean. All inappropriate content or language will be caught in our filters and your post will be removed. If a user continues to use bad language, their account will be deleted.
3) No crude, discriminatory, derogatory, rude, violent, threatening or sexually explicit posts will be tolerated. If asking a question of a sexual nature please do not offer illicit details. If the question is very personal, consider keeping it off the boards completely and instead seek one on one advice elsewhere.
4) Absolutely no insults, put downs, threats or bullying will be tolerated. Leaving feedback and personal opinions is fine, but limit your comment to the topic, not your opinion of others who are using the forums.
5) Keep comments limited to the scope of the topic of the thread. Each thread is started with a topic and a purpose, if you are looking for a place to chat there are already forums open for that purpose. Please keep comments relevant.
6) All comments have a minimum requirement of 10 characters and a maximum limit of 10,000. This is to keep the comments concise and fresh.
7) Questions: Questions asked on the forums will NOT be answered by the Teen Ink staff. If you have a question or suggestions for Teen Ink, please email it directly to editor@TeenInk.com.
I (and many others) have been wondering about the selection of words filtered here on Teen Ink. Many topics about religion or social politics will not go through because of the filter. I realize that all of the filtered posts are reviewed then posted on the sOte of deemed clean, however it is nearly impossible to have a conversation or debate when the main topic is blacked out. If it is at all possible to change the filtering for names of religions or ab.ortion it would be apreciated. However I do realize that this is entirely up to the TI staff and I respect that. Thank you, The ShadowWriter
Thanks very much for designing such a great, free website. :)
I agree with TheShadowWriter. If, at the very least, it would be possible to pass the posts but somehow put asterisks or something where the censored words are, that would be brilliant. :)
And I think you guys have unblocked a ton of words recently, so thanks very much for that. :)
I wrote a letter to the Teen Ink editor which is still pending for approval. And I'm okay with that.
But, on the Facebook page, I asked a question and they told me to send an email to the editor. It wasn't answered yet.
are there any other rules i need to be aware of?
PO.LI.CE Is censored. I mean, really? What's up with that?
We can't change the section on our profile "Favorite people in my life" and "favorite heroes". They show up on our user page, but mine are over a year old and I would like to change them, if that would be ok. So could you make that possible?
Dear teen ink moderator, someone said to contact you to delete my threads. So I am begging you please delete all of my threads I would like a fresh start! Thanks
Does anyone know how to edit submitted work?