Hey I am giving a talk about modesty at my churhc and I was wondering if some guys and girls could answer questions for me. Girls: 1. Do you prefer to dress modestly, immodestly, or somewhere in between? Why? 2. What do you think of girls that wear really low cut shirts, skin tight jeans, or super short shorts? 3. How do you feel when you see someone dressed immodestly? Boys: 1. Do you prefer to see a girl dressed modestly or immodestly? Why? 2. What do you think when you see a girl who dressed immodestly? 3. When you are attracted to a girl who dresses modestly, why are you attracted to her? Thanks!
1. I dress somewhere inbetween depending on who your talking to. I do it because I like the clothes and the look for me and wearing less keeps me cooler in the summer, also I'm a feminist so I'm all for girls not feeling like they should have to cover themselves up. 2.I don't really think that much about girls who wear short shorts and low cut shirts. 3. I usually don't care if someone is dressed immodestley unless it's winter or something and there wearing shorts, then I think it's a little weird. My question, what are your answers?
1.) I choose to dress modestly because it's pleasing to G-od, and it helps guys with their thouht life and stuff like that.
2.)I think that girls that wear stuff like that are really insecure and feel like that's the only way they can attract a guy, but the thing is, they'll attract the wrong kind of guy that way.
3.) It kinda makes me feel uncomfortable and at the same time it makes me feel sorry for them.
Just a side note, girls that dress immodesetly will get attention from guys and they'll attract guys, but it'll be a guy that's only trying to fullfill his physical and lu.stful feelings. And I don't think that girls that dress all trashy are really doing guys a big favor. Plus, when you dress immodestly and stuff people won't respect you as much as they would if you dressed modestly. Okay, well hope I helped! :)
Thank you for your replies, they are what I was looking for! Look_to_the_stars my answers are 1)I dress very modestly, my wardrobe consists of tshirts, jeans, capris, and nice modest dresses. Because I am trying to be a good example for other girls and help lead boys closer to Christ by avoiding the near occasion of sin as much as possible. 2) I too usually don't think too much about girls who dress immodestly but if their shirt is way too low and they're kind of flaunting their stuff then I will say something because it makes me uncomfortable, plus it does not help boys. 3) Like I said, it makes me uncomfortable. starbucks_queen21 Thank you for your answer! I am glad you feel that way, and your side note is spot on!
1.) I don't really notice modesty in my outfits. I dress for fun and I love making crazy things work together, so sometimes my friends will tell me that my breasts are hanging out, or my dress is to short and I don't really care. Even though I'm skinny, I like my body, so I'm not to self-conscious in the first place.
2.) I don't like to judge people for their clothes, because I wear such out there things. I feel like it's unfair to judge people by something that isn't even truly them, and I know for a fact that I'm a much different person then my outfits portray me to be, so other people could be very different from their appearance to. Also, I could sooner tell who they are as a person by talking to them or looking at their eyes, some girls dress that way for attention, and I don't like them much. Some girls dress that way cause they love their bodies, and I love confident people like that.
3.) I don't care when I see someone dressed immodestly, it's their choice, why should I trouble myself over it. Some people flip out when they see girls dressed immodestly, but I don't, maybe cause I'm a girl myself and I don't get turned on by other girls, but I really could care less if a girl is displaying her body to the public. I wouldn't do it myself, but at least we're allowed to dress this way in America. Some places in the world whip women who expose their calves.
BallOfSunshin3, I'm glad I could help you out. I'm a born again C-hristian so I totally understand where you're coming from. I think it was a good idea for you to put this on here; hopefully it will get kids thinking about why it is so important to dress modestly and that it's not old fashioned. . . ya know. I mean, I think that sometimes kids think that in order to be modest you have to dress like a pilgrim, but that's not true. You can still look super cute and be modest at the same time... ya know!! :)
oh, and just so everyone knows I'm not judging anyone and I don't think any less of someone who dresses immodestly. . . i mean, sure they shouldn't dress like that, but they don't know any better.... ya know what i mean?
1) I'm probably leaning on modest, just because I've been trained as a kid growing up in Catholic schools to dress that way. I have to admit that skinny jeans are growing on me and I don't feel the need to button the top button on every one of my shirts anymore, but that doesn't really make me immodest, does it? My shorts are getting shorter, but only the ones I use strictly for exercise stop above my fingertips, and those are all about staying cool in the summer anyway. I hate super tight, form fitting clothes (especialy the skirts) because they make me feel immoral and sketchy(not that I don't think I look good in them). Very few of my shirts are low cut, and those that are I wear with camies. I think I have a happy medium. 2) The super short shorts that look kinda like underwear gross me out a little (why you want to show that in public, I can't understand), but for the most part I really don't care. A girl chooses to dress the way a girl chooses to dress, and I have no right to judge her for it. 3) Like I said, I usually don't care.
I dress however I please. I don't think it matters how you dress, because what's in your heart is what matters. When you die and go wherever people go, it doesn't matter what clothes you wore, what language you spoke, what color your hair was or how many tattoos you had; what matters is what you did with your body, not how you dressed it. It matters that you used your hands to do good things, not if you painted your nails bright red or not at all. It matters that you used your body to do the right thing, not wither if you wore tight or loose clothes. Other people can dress modestly, everyone's body is their own to do as they please with it. I think people should have the liberty to wear whatever they want and be free of judgement, therefore I neither condemn nor congratulate people's choice of clothing.
That was pretty inspiring Anima
1) I only dress modestly. Nothing too tight. My shirts come up to my collarbone, cover my elbows. And I only wear skirts that at least come up to my knees. No pants. I'm uncomfortable in them. The why? I'm Jewish, and it's what I've been taught. If I were perfect, I wouldn't need a better answer than, "It's what G-d wants from you." But I'm not, so I've come up with other answers. When I dress modestly, I like to think that I'm not dressing my body, but dressing my soul. Because, in the end, that's what I really want people to notice. Not the fact that I'm a size 4, but that I'm a caring, sweet person.
2) I still think of them as souls, rather than bodies. It's the way I've trained myself to think. Of course, it would be great if they were comfortable enough with themselves as people to not have to dress up their bodies, but not everybody can do that, and (believe me, I know) there's a certain thrill of dressing immodestly.
3) Everybody is a person. No matter what they wear. It's what's on the inside that counts. Get over the outside, and you might figure that out.
First, Anima's reply is spot on with what I feel!
But I'll reply fully anyway.
1. I dress in clothes that make me feel happy, comfortable and good about myself. Also crazy combos and stuff that just makes me smile. I prefer guys clothing a lot of the time, so I guess that falls under modest. In summertime though, I will not compromise my comfort. I wear shorts and camis and sometimes just a swim-suit top. And yeah, I wear tight pants sometimes, because it's hard to find anything else. I prefer the comfort of loose pants though.
2. I think 1 says it all. Comfort, and my own pleasure, whatever makes me happy.
3. I'm not bothered by anyone else's lifestyle.
1. I believe my dressing is quite modest. I find it uncomfortable to show a lot of skin. Also, if a guy MUST pay attention to me only for my looks, I want it to be for what I'm wearing, not the lack of. 2.The low cut shirts have got to go. The only place I would wear one is the red carpet, and that's 10 years from now when I'm a complete adult and have learned enough of the world to know what to expect from it. I'm actually a fan of the tight jeans; I think they're cosy. But the fake ones that fit like stockings? They've got to go to. Unless the girls are wearing them under a long top, the way they are probably supposed to be worn. Short shorts should be worn with stockings or tights, ESPECIALLY at school. And the ones that fit like underwear should be outlawed. The same goes for mini skirts. 3. When I see someone dressed immodestly, I think they look ridiculous and in need of a fashion overhaul. The funny thing is, a great deal of the girls I know with their breasts falling out of their chests have bad attitudes to match, so maybe I'm a bit judgmental.
1) Somewhere in between. I don't want to walk around with half my boobs hanging out, but I don't want to be completely covered all the time either.
2) I think girls try to A-show off to guys for attention and B-show off to each other to see who has a better body. It's to make themselves feel better by flaunting everything.3) I think what a person wears is their choice, and I try not to judge them. I have no idea what their situation is or their reasoning for dressing the way they do. Everyone has their own style. I don't really care what other people where. If I don't like what someone is wearing then I just don't look at them! It's their body and they can do with it what they please.
i'm pretty modest. my skirts or shorts never go above my knees, my shirts never show to much chest and i always wear a sweater.
I dress modestly; mom's rules. Even if I was allowed to dress immodestly I probalbly wouldn't. (My shorts: at least finger-tip length, My shirts: If you lean over and you can see all the way down to your belly button it's too low, My tightness level: If you're in danger of ripping get a bigger size!!!!!) I usually think of girls that wear immodest clothes as trying too hard or desperate. Plus when a guy falls in love with you and you get married he doesn't gain anything if he sees everthing all the time. Hope this helps and please don't kill me; I wasn't trying to offend anyone.
1. I prefer to dress modestly because honestly, its comfortable. I live in California where it tends to be sunny all of the time and girls like to wear close to nothing. Personally, I don't see how shorts and pnats that squeeze the blood from your legs or suffocate your crotch( please excuse my language) can be comfortable. As for tops, I feel to breezy with low cut shirts and I hate the concern of whether or not too much of my chst is hanging out.2. Everytime I see girls showing too much I don't mean to judge but I honestly think, to myself, "honey, where are your clothes????" They get absolutely the wrong attention from guys.3. I get really uncomfortable whn I see a firl's hoohaw and business hanging all out, its gross!. I dont mind it too much when girls are expressing themselves by showing skin, but there is a limit. EXPRESS yourself dont show all of your goods
1. I prefer to dress modestly, since that's how I've been brought up.
2. I don't like it. I feel so sorry for the girls throwing away their purity by dressing like hussies. PLEASE. I don't think those girls really understand what they're doing.3. I'm attracted because they spend time on face and hair, so the parts of them you should be looking at look nice. I feel much more comfortable talking to other girls when they dress modestly.
1. In between. For me, it's sometimes really hard to dress modestly during the hot weeks of summer!
2. When I see girls with inappropriate outfits like that, I think
a) How did their parents let them out of the house like that?
b) Do they want to make themselves look unprofessional? If you plan to actually get a decent job, get clothes that cover cleavage and your midriff!3. I feel like I know the person's personality-like they don't care. I wouldn't want to have friends who didn't care about what they looked like-it would make me have a lower reputation!
I dress modestly. Not only because of my faith but because I want people to respect me and like me not only for my body. I also dress modestly because i think its more comfortable. And if a guy only like me because of the way I lokk I don't want him around anyway. :)