i understand but i cant stand the thought of being locked away
oh and can ya look at this for me
im tryin my hand at photography on here
Yeah, I understand that. Just do what is going to be best for you, that's what I think.
Hey i'm Bella Dea but you can call me Faith. I first started cutting when I was 11 when I first realized what had happened to me when i was little and now I may not self harm anymore how do i resist the urges to selfharm. everyday the urges get stronger and it gets harder and harder to say no. the only reason i dont self harm anymore is cause i promised my best friend i wouldnt any more and i wil not go back on my word. but its getting harder to keep my word. what do i do? I really scared and i dont know what to do!!
Faith: So glad for you to have come to us for help! I'm Rayyn or Smiley, whichever you prefer. There are a lot of different ways to avoid cutting, and different things work for different people. Here are a few that I can think of that have worked for me and others in this group:
1) When you get the urge to cut, hold some ice or put some ice on the area you feel the urge to cut on. Keirsten and I both have found this useful.
2) Go for a walk. This is especially effective if you go for a walk with a friend or family member so you can have a conversation that can distract you.
3) Paint your nails. Keirsten says this one works for her.
4) The Butterfly Project. This is a project where when you feel the urge to self-harm, you instead draw a butterfly on the area you are wanting to hurt and then name it after a friend who wants you to stop (or you don't have to name them if you don't want). You have to allow the butterfly to fade naturally, and if you self-harm while the butterfly is still there, it dies.
5) Tell someone who can help you through your problems. Sometimes it just helps to tell someone that you want to cut and they can distract you or help you figure out why you want to or something. This can be done any time, and I urge you to get help (but I can't make you do it. I just strongly encourage it).
6) Make a list of what you want to do in your life. Kind of like a bucket list. This wasn't used by anyone in this group, but I heard about it and it sounds like a good idea.
7) If you're religious, pray.
Let me know if you need any more ideas! C:
Self-inflicting is usually considered a way to relieve stress. I used to do that myself when I was introduced to puberty. I used to have lots of insecurities and went through phases of depression and existential crisis. Cutting was a way to make me feel better. Yes it can become an addiction if you continue cutting yourself for a longer period of time - for example I wanted to stop cutting but I couldn't, it had became an obsession so I began distracting myself with art and music. For someone who cuts, the only person who can help them is themselves.
Keirsten, your post didn't show.
I have another technique that I discovered tonight at church!
8) When you get the urge to self harm, instead rub the area like you're giving it a massage. Don't rub too hard or too fast, though. (Don't say that's what she said. It hurts if you do it too hard, too fast, or too much.) Just the repeated movement will hopefully be enough.
9) Also, if your self harm is triggered by being in a room with too much noise/too many people, it may help to leave the room and take some deep breaths.
10) Taking deep breaths and taking time to remember why you DON'T want to cut is also helpful.
well i have found a way to quit... my mom found out that i had been cutting and she told me if i cut once more i would be sent to a mental hosiptal........... Rayyn im sorry but i lied to u abt tellin my mom the first time im so sorry but when i went to tell her i panicked and i couldnt think of what to say......... im so sorry i shouldnt have said i did when i really did not.... but she looked in my msgs to my friend where i was talking abt tryin to keep from cutting im sorry
I forgive you. I'm sorry that you felt the need to lie, though. I don't know what you think I'd do. But I didn't mean to push you into anything. That being said, I'm glad that your mom does know now...did she react how you thought?
well kinda....... but when she found out i hadnt cut in like 2 months cause i promised another friend of mine frome TI tht i wouldnt...... i care about him so i cant break my promise
WOW, that's impressive! Two months! :D That's a long time! So is she doing anything to support you at all?
no not really... since she found out, she has ignored it... really only the inital reaction was thesame as what i had imagined
and it sucks cause i havent been able to tlk to my guy friend tht i told u abt...
and the reason it works is, i think, because i do care abt and love him alot... i was crushing on him real bad but i have realized it will most likely nevr work with us, so now he is just myest friend
*my best friend.... sorry keybroad is messin up!!!!
Well I'm at least glad that your relationship hasn't made it worse like I thought it might.
What do u mean? i am really confused! sorry i have been workin out in the heat
Your relationship with the guy. Remember how I was worried that if you depended on him too much to quit cutting it would end up not working? It sounds like I was wrong about that.
this is a different guy... tht guy i was with when u said tht... well now we can hardly stand each other.... but we have mutual friends so we try to play nice
Ooohhh okay. I was confused, sorry.
thats totally fine.... remember my stepdad i was tellin u abt... he got sick last October with kidney disease... well anyway i told ya abt it... but like i was sayin today at 3:15 he will goin to his kidney doctor for a blood test. That blood test will tell him whether or not his antibodies are at 0..... if they are at zero, he will be put on the donor list... the doctors say tht since he is so young, he should get a new kidney soon... but sadly for him he will have to stop smoking again
GAWD i am really hopin tht everything works out ok
to talk abt happier stuff.......... a couple weeks ago i gotta new kitten.... She is white with light orange on her tail and ears, and she has light blue almost white eyes and her name is Cocaine...... no i do not do drugs... i just thought it was funny
i start the tenth grade in abt 2 weeks... got my schedule yesterday or the 25th of June