This will be an essay where I explore what I believe are the 4 American Fascisms:
Christian Dominionism- Belief that God has made America his dominion. Believers must take over the state and create a Christian United States. Will serve as the intellectual political and organizational leadership of the movement (Men of God, Republican Party, churches). They will also be the propaganda face of the movement (Christian radio, books, pulpits). They will also organize the worst off, via "Christian Charity", infused with fascist propaganda.
Tea Party- They are racist, but not consciously, they also can be won over to more conscious racism. They will serve as the "meat" of the movement, putting most bodies at rallies. They will also be "useful idiots", taking people angry at the economic crisis and marching them to the hot dog grinder.
anti immigrant movement- They are much more overtly racist, many racist and fascist groups use them as a gate way to mainstream politics (minutemen, National Socialist Movement, Klan). They will serve as the "stormtroopers", the violent fist of the movement. They will also be the force that organizes among the coercive sections of the state, by helping them put down "scum".
Militia Movements: These are conspiracy theorists and racist lunatics. They will be the underground of the movement, the part that will commit crimes, provide places to lay low, and create havens for the fully initiated to organize (Nazi compounds, militia camps.)
These are all the links I have so far:
htt ps://docs.google.c om/ document/d/1...Me7mZbbI4/edit
Can you help me find more, give me some theoretical advise and any critiques you might have.
Please put links in the document comments. I don't want this cluttered.
1) I can't access the doc link. The ellipsis seems to be throwing it off.
2) I'll try to help you with information, but do you mind if I disagree/discuss?
I agree with some of the general points you make (maybe not so extreme) but I definitely disagree with the implication that there's going to be some kind of violent fascist takeover. I really doubt it.
But yes, for the most part I think a lot of the groups you mention (Tea Party, religious extremist, etc.) are not that smart.
htt ps://d ocs.google.c om/document/d/16CQcjHkNG7nLv-oZFOt_XKi1qpinbHKKyAaWoYvcIeU/edit
Fascism has been turned into a political epithet that is used at things as minor as laws that restrict toys in fast food, or banning curse words in public space. This has caused the word to lose its original meaning, and value in political discourse. For this reason, and the left’s near obsessive need to categorize everything, I believe I should give a definition of fascism, before going onto the actual meat of the essay:
1. Strident nationalism and the belief that the state is the ultimate expression of the nation, to disagree with the state is to disagree with the nation. The individual is dirt, the nation is everything (used broadly, any community that is not class can be a nation under this definition)
2. a belief that the national community is under attack by a conspiracy, usually involving so called “elites” in coalition with and old enemy of the culture (stab in the back legend)
3. a co-option of the revolutionary lefts language, in a way that is more than just populism, there is often an ephesus on the value of labor, perverted into action without thought (they were called the National Socialist German Workers Party)
4. This “revolution” is seen as a rebirth by fire, whereby the elements of the culture and community deemed to be corrupted by the conspiracy are destroyed. (Jewish Culture)
5. Anti Rationalism, Anti Intellectualism and a celebration of action for its own sake (“When I hear culture I reach for my gun.”)
6. Militarism and the celebration of violence
7. Worship of authority, slavish obedience is heroic
junie: thats why I posted it. I want criticism. This is going to, if all goes well be a position paper for Revolution Socialist Youth, so I need it to be perfect now.
Is Christian dominionism a real thing or do you just see a majority and immediately dislike it? (Not trying to be rude AT ALL)
h ttp://en.wikipedia.o rg/wiki/Dominionism
Put a few comments up...