Advice? | Forums | Teen Ink

Teen Ink Forums

TheWritingNerd SILVER posted this thread...
on Oct. 24 2018 at 8:38 pm

So my best friend is facing possible jail time and I don't know what to do. Does anyone have advice on how to cope with this?

TheWritingNerd SILVER, Perry, Michigan
6 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Favorite Quote:
I needed a hug, but all they gave me was a box of matches and a knife.

paytonhudgins GOLD, Valdosta, Georgia
15 articles 0 photos 1 comment

Favorite Quote:
"Do those things which you judge to be beautiful, though in doing them you should be without renown; for the rabble is a bad judge of a good thing." Pythagorean saying of Demophilus

paytonhudgins GOLD replied...
on Oct. 25 2018 at 8:48 am
I've never been through this before. But I can say that the best way to cope is to keep constant contact with your friend. Also, give them all the support you can,because that alone can change both of you, and also help you stay closer.

Favorite Quote:

on Oct. 25 2018 at 10:17 am
I talked to one of the cops me and him hangout with, and he said there's a good chance he will just get a warning or probo since he has a clean record. I guess we'll find out after he gets questioned today.

Favorite Quote:
"Do those things which you judge to be beautiful, though in doing them you should be without renown; for the rabble is a bad judge of a good thing." Pythagorean saying of Demophilus

on Oct. 25 2018 at 10:52 am
That's great! I wish there was something I could do to help out.

Favorite Quote:

on Oct. 25 2018 at 11:28 am
Well, uh. Turns out he's going to jail as far as I know. Thanks to the people that snitch on us. I am thoroughly scared and terrified, so yeah.

Favorite Quote:

on Oct. 25 2018 at 11:54 am
Wait, Morgan and Adrian just called me. They got let off with a warning, thank god. However they do have to write a letter and they are banned from the property.

Favorite Quote:

on Oct. 26 2018 at 8:20 am
At least it's only a warning. He's still a minor, right?

Favorite Quote:

on Oct. 26 2018 at 1:40 pm
Yeah Adrian is 17 and Morgan is 16

Favorite Quote:

on Oct. 29 2018 at 8:26 am
Then it's not too bad, depending on the charge.... They've just got to be careful out there. It's a big world, and I know from experience that it's too easy to get hurt by anyone, even a close family member or friend. I mean, usually I just wouldn't friend anyone, (nothing against you, of course), but I think you're actually a great and honest person, otherwise I wouldn't of given you my email.

drea.brazis,
0 articles 0 photos 0 comments
drea.brazis replied...
on Oct. 29 2018 at 11:05 am
Hey so sorry about your situation, that must be awful. Honestly if your friend does end up needing to serve time, the best thing you can do is go visit or write letters. Keep him/her in your thoughts and tell yourself he/she is still your best friend and they'll see you soon. Remember to stay strong, you can push through this

Favorite Quote:

on Oct. 29 2018 at 3:33 pm
They would've gone to jail on Arson charges, for dropping a match in some starter fluid on accident. Luckily they got off with a warning and they're banned from the church property. *note* no one was hurt and no property was damaged at all.

Smith Summer

Parkland Speaks

Campus Compare