A Single Pringle | Forums | Teen Ink

Teen Ink Forums

Crystallite BRONZE, Santa Elena, Other
2 articles 2 photos 351 comments
Crystallite BRONZE replied...
on Jan. 8 at 11:02 pm
Hey Evelyn, it's okay that you haven't had a boyfriend yet, been on a date, or haven't even had your first kiss yet. There's absolutely nothing wrong with that. You don't need a boy or to be in a relationship to realize that you're special. You're just going at your own pace, and I wouldn't rush it if I was you.
I can tell you from my own experience that it isn't worth stressing about. Like you mentioned earlier, there are guys that would be interested but it is all for the wrong reasons. If a guy only notices you when you dress a certain way, then he probably isn't worth it. A guy should want you for you. A guy who is truly worth your heart will love you when you're all dressed up looking fine, and he will also love you the same when you're dressed down in pajamas or baggy clothes showing no skin at all.
All good things take time. If I could go back to your age, I would tell myself exactly what I told you. It would prevent a lot of things from happening, such as getting involved with the wrong people and doing things that you would later regret.
You're still young and have a lot to experience. Why waste your youth stressing over a guy or trying to put the pieces of your heart back together if someone breaks it. Enjoy your youth while you've still got it. When something is meant to be it'll happen.

Bella_Queen PLATINUM, Brinkhaven, Ohio
24 articles 9 photos 17 comments

Favorite Quote:
Being a hero doesn't mean you're invincible. It just means that you're brave enough to stand up and do what's needed.
-Rick Riordan

on Jan. 12 at 7:01 pm
My advice is wait it out. Out there is a great guy who is destined for you. You are a wonderful person and you should have a wonderful guy who doesn't just like the way you look, he should love you for you.

Fandomer BRONZE, Columbus, Mississippi
2 articles 0 photos 2 comments

Favorite Quote:
They may not be real, but they're real to me.

Fandomer BRONZE replied...
on Feb. 4 at 12:10 pm
If you haven't found someone who likes you for you, then they obviously aren't worth worrying about. Just wait, the right guy will come along, I promise.

Kayleengounder, Durban, Other
0 articles 0 photos 0 comments
Kayleengounder replied...
on Feb. 4 at 12:52 pm
HI EV, MY ADVICE TO YOU IS TO NOT WORRY ABOUT GETTING A BOYFRIEND BUT RATHER CHANNEL THAT ENERGY INTO YOUR SCHOOL WORK AND REMEMBER THAT GOD LOVES YOU JUST THE WAY YOU ARE, WHETHER SHORT OR TALL😁

ramblingwriter_7 GOLD, Dublin, Ohio
15 articles 10 photos 17 comments

Favorite Quote:
"I've realized now that our world doesn't define us, we define our world."

on Feb. 6 at 8:03 pm
You should realize how amazing you really are. If people don't appreciate the true YOU, then they don't deserve you. I know this is going to sound like what everyone says, but the thing is, it doesn't matter. I've realized that when I feel low that if I imagine myself amazing and loved (which you and I are) and I carry myself with confidence, then you feel better. Trust your instict. Someone out there loves you for who you truly are. You are perfect in God's eyes and someone elses eyes, you just haven't found them yet.

sadhocr BRONZE, Coram, New York
1 article 0 photos 0 comments
sadhocr BRONZE replied...
on Feb. 10 at 2:09 am
The person who cherishes you might have been uttering the same words as you. Have some faith in time and destiny. Everything happens when time comes. And, patience full of sincerity never goes in vain.
Having a boyfriend doesn't validate anything. At the end of the day, it is you who matters to yourself. Hope you would be bit loving to yourself.
You can only receive love when you love yourself <3

Dani_Higareda PLATINUM, Hanahan, South Carolina
23 articles 0 photos 108 comments

Favorite Quote:
“People say nothing is impossible, but I do nothing every day.”
- Winnie the Pooh

on Feb. 11 at 7:53 pm
Hi, I am also a 16-year-old girl and I sympathize with you. I've never really been into dating, but I have had a few crushes on guys. What I want to tell you is that you don't have to pretend to be someone different just to get a guy to notice you. The most beautiful personalities are the ones that come straight from the inside. Don't get desperate and do foolish things. Just wait for the right guy patiently, and sooner or later, he will come around. It's perfectly fine not to have a boyfriend yet, because let's accept it, does society have the say in the age that you're supposed to have a boyfriend? No! Be you, be unique, let your personality shine! Do you realize how unique you are? You are the only "you" in this world. Just stay true to yourself. If you don't like yourself and focus on all the little flaws, then how will a guy ever see through those imperfections that you see? You are worthy of a guy that will see the real beauty inside of you and that will appreciate you very much. Don't give up. Someday, the right guy will come along and love you and appreciate you and see more than what other egocentric guys see in you.

Rohan_Iyer BRONZE, Woodinville, Washington
2 articles 0 photos 1 comment

Favorite Quote:
Through an Action, a Man becomes a Hero. Through Death, a Hero becomes a Legend. Through Time, a Legend becomes a Myth. Through hearing a Myth, a Man takes an Action....

Rohan_Iyer BRONZE replied...
on Feb. 14 at 2:26 am
I know a lot of people who have similar concerns, and something I've thought about having your first dating experience in college. I've talked to many older friends and they say it's much easier to be yourself in college; and it's also much easier to be appreciated for yourself in college.
idk if that's helpful at all lol.

Smith Summer

Parkland Speaks

Campus Compare