Teen Ink Forums

WhiskeyRose SILVER posted this thread...
on Oct. 20 2018 at 1:47 am

So, my name is Ev (short for Evelyn) and I'm 16 and I still haven't had my first boyfriend. A few guys like me until they realize I'm more than just my body or they find out I haven't had a boyfriend (or my first kiss). They assume something is wrong with me. I'm 5'9" so finding someone taller than me isn't an easy task. I'm not the prettiest girl, but guys still call me cute sometimes. I play football with my friends, street hockey, soccer with my brother, and workout (I'm still not skinny yet I've been working out for years, it's super frustrating). I'm not necessarily desirable. I've never been on a date before. Guys don't really pay any attention to me unless I'm wearing leggings and a low cut top, which annoys me a little bit. I carry myself with confidence most of the time. But, I'm still invisible to most people and guys especially. The guys that do notice me aren't the best guys, and I don't want to get hurt. I have a really deep and poetical soul, even though I am from redneck country. If anyone has advice or anything, please reply to this. I could really use it. Even if you're a guy, by all means reply. I could use the advice or anything.

WhiskeyRose SILVER, Perry, Michigan
6 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Favorite Quote:
I needed a hug, but all they gave me was a box of matches and a knife.

KristArt, Kemp, Texas
0 articles 6 photos 31 comments

Favorite Quote:
Our fate lives within us you just have to be Brave enough to see it

KristArt replied...
on Oct. 21 2018 at 11:55 pm
Well it doesn't matter if you have a boyfriend and it's probably best you don't.
Usally a guy and a girl will date each other and stuff like that but , there growing up still to become an adult . So my point is that you get more emotional so little things are worse than it needs to be so they break up. Then deal with heartbreak and it's a whole thing. So it's best to wait to have a boyfriend when your a adult so you don't have to deal with it .And ignore those boys who act all like there into you cause of your clothes when you find a guy out there you want them to be with you cause of the inside not the outside.Hope this helps 😊

paytonhudgins GOLD, Valdosta, Georgia
15 articles 0 photos 1 comment

Favorite Quote:
"Do those things which you judge to be beautiful, though in doing them you should be without renown; for the rabble is a bad judge of a good thing." Pythagorean saying of Demophilus

paytonhudgins GOLD replied...
on Oct. 25 2018 at 8:57 am
Hi. I'm a 17 yr old single guy, and I gotta say, you seem like a really great woman (sorry, but it didn't seem respectful to call you a girl) just from your writing and what you wrote here. Any guy who wouldn't want to be with you is either mental, or just really dumb. I can honestly say, I know how you feel. I've never had a girlfriend because I'm not "cool" enough, and because I act like myself. Personally, the only thing that I think that's wrong with you is that there's nothing wrong with you. You seem like the perfect girl. I don't think my advice could do much, but just be content to be yourself, because almost everyone else isn't. And honestly, ask people why they shy away from you. It seems wrong. i'd rather have 1 friend like you for one day of my life, than be friends with everyone else.

Favorite Quote:

WhiskeyRose SILVER replied...
on Oct. 25 2018 at 10:27 am
Thanks. You seem really nice actually, and honestly if a chick doesn't date you because you aren't "cool enough" just ignore her. Lets be real here, being cool is so overrated. I tried it once, I don't get all the hype to be honest lol.

Favorite Quote:
"Do those things which you judge to be beautiful, though in doing them you should be without renown; for the rabble is a bad judge of a good thing." Pythagorean saying of Demophilus

on Oct. 25 2018 at 11:14 am
Thanks a lot! If you ever need anyone to talk to, there's a pretty good chance I'm on the computer at school, so here's my email.
hudgins.payton3

Favorite Quote:

on Oct. 25 2018 at 11:15 am
It's a gmail account. My school one is
2020paytonhudgins

Favorite Quote:

on Oct. 25 2018 at 11:16 am
it won't let me enter it all together, sorry. @student.

Favorite Quote:

on Oct. 25 2018 at 11:16 am
lowndes.k12

Favorite Quote:

on Oct. 25 2018 at 11:17 am
.ga
.us

Favorite Quote:

on Oct. 25 2018 at 11:17 am
Sorry again.

Favorite Quote:

on Oct. 25 2018 at 11:34 am
it's fine lol. mine is one.mystical.poet.13 it's also a gmail

YoungGoofy01, North Carolina, North Carolina
0 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Favorite Quote:
i dont always do what i should but i do what i gotta do..

YoungGoofy01 replied...
on Oct. 30 2018 at 10:44 am
wassup boo

Favorite Quote:

on Oct. 30 2018 at 10:47 am
ayye

Favorite Quote:

YoungGoofy01 replied...
on Oct. 30 2018 at 10:51 am
you doing good ?

Favorite Quote:

on Oct. 30 2018 at 12:11 pm
yeah, wbu

Favorite Quote:

YoungGoofy01 replied...
on Oct. 30 2018 at 12:41 pm
lol i would like to get to know you more

Favorite Quote:

on Oct. 30 2018 at 1:34 pm
like in what way

Favorite Quote:

YoungGoofy01 replied...
on Oct. 31 2018 at 8:26 am
whatever way you want

sav_bet359 BRONZE, Bamberg, South Carolina
2 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Favorite Quote:
what worries you masters you
- thomas hobbs

sav_bet359 BRONZE replied...
on Dec. 31 2018 at 5:53 pm
hi I might only be 13 but i can tell you one thing most guy's suck they will make you feel special then they will leave you there is nothing wrong with you. you don't need to impress a guy with outfits or you body you can impress them with your personality and if the guy really likes you then he will like you for yourself not your body.

deannalee457, Lancaster, Kentucky
deannalee457 replied...
on Jan. 3 at 2:20 pm
just dont think about the dudes they are stupid if they only see u for your body im sure u are smart and pretty but you dont need a boy to help you find your way through life they say woman get through their life mostly on their own so forget them you dont need them

Parkland Speaks

Smith Summer

Wellesley Summer