Scratch | Teen Ink

Scratch

By Davianna BRONZE, Ionia, Michigan
Davianna BRONZE, Ionia, Michigan
1 article 1 photo 3 comments

Reading is a conversation. All books talk. But a good book listens as well. -Mark Haddon

Running as fast as he could, Rider took a left turn that led to his apartment. No one would believe what he saw. He heard fast crunching sounds coming from behind him. Petrified he stopped in his tracks. Not being able to move, he tried not to think about what was coming to get him. He looked head. Seeing a shadow from his peripheral vision, “Who's there?” he called out in an echoey voice. “Your worst nightmare” the slight whisper in his ear said. The shadow went away and he smelled something that made his nostrils burn. He fell a gooey substance slide down his mouth and heard it fall on the ground making a sloppy sound. He tried to look down but all of a sudden his eyes went black, he couldn't see or smell and he could only hear. He could hear the scratching sound coming closer and closer. “Any last words?” Rider’s mouth opened, and the last thing that he ever came out of his mouth was “They're never going to believe what I saw.” He felt a spinning sensation and he was gone.

I like creepy stories, so this is my first attempt at one.