Why I shouldn't take a dare | Teen Ink

Why I shouldn't take a dare

By Mr.Wolf BRONZE, NYC, New York
Mr.Wolf BRONZE, NYC, New York

One day, I had decided to walk into the Black Alley for a dare. I had a curse that made me take every dare given to me. My friends dared me to do it. I was friends with them because my parents were friends with their parents. My parents and my friends’ parents were probably in my house drinking. I didn’t interrupt my parents’ drinking because they became violent.I was an idiot because I usually did dares not knowing the consequences. The dare that I am going to tell now seems easy. This dare taught me and my friends a lesson: DON’T ENTER STRANGERS’ HOUSES. This was my last dare that led to my death. A week later, today was the basketball game. Arcania Aces vs. Dylvania Devils. My school’s devils were good basketball players. I loved watching my favorite Devil, Witness Granite, shoot 3 pointers from the other basket. Basketball was my favorite game.It was until someone reminded me of last week. I had never wanted to see what was in the alley. What I saw were 3 women and 2 men chained to the bricks. They had looked like they were beaten and chained to the wall like paper. I had never once liked dares.They were usually done by peer pressure. Tomorrow is Halloween. Halloween is my least favorite holiday. I never know if a guy in a costume is a mass murderer or a normal guy going trick or treating. Every year, I see the people across from my house open their curtains the day before Halloween. I saw what it looked like inside. Blood painted the walls red. Today is Halloween. I don’t know what to make of it. Everyone I see around me has some kind of costume. I didn’t know what to wear for my Halloween costume. So, I ran to the 99 cent store and I bought a shirt saying, “This is my halloween costume”. Everyone recognized me and I couldn’t tell who said it or what their costume was. My friend, Joshua Litzerswine, took off his grim reaper mask and asked if I wanted to play truth or dare. I agreed and I sat with him and the rest of our friends by Joshua’s window at his house. They decided to pick me to go first. Joshua said I wanted a dare. My other friends, Bobby and Somnetom Humorton, dared me to enter the house across the street from my house. In this game, people who refused will get their reputation lower than the nerdiest guy in the school. Halloween at 8:00, I decided to go across the street. I walked over to the house that read”Mr. Frank N. Steine”. From his name, I could read frankenstein. I rang the doorbell and waited. Then someone opened the door. I waited because if I ran, my blood would turn to ice. This was an effect of my curse if I refused any dares. A guy appeared in front of the door with one eye and one leg. I tried to scream, but he put his dirty bloody hand on my lips. Then he dragged me into his house. I looked around and saw a blond haired woman sitting on top of a piano. She just watched as her husband dragged me to their bedroom. I didn’t know what to do. I was scared because no one had ever returned from the house alive.  When we arrived at his bedroom, he put a noose around a stick growing out from a tree that sprouted from the ground. I looked around and I saw boys, girls, men, and women bloodied on the ground of Frank’s bedroom. He then carried me there and hung me . I screamed when he got his hand off my mouth. The last thing I remember was the pretty blond woman walking to Frank. I didn’t know why someone as beautiful as her married a murderer. My mouth tasted blood when the noose finally killed me. This was how I died. END

What inspired me to write this piece was that Halloween was my favorite holiday. I hoped people would get the vibe to not hang out with bad influence and go into creepy houses without a parent or at least 5 friends. This should teach people to take safe dares, like a kiss, rather than something that could actually kill the person who is taking the dare.

half_blood said...
half_blood, Boise, Idaho

"Always forgive your enemy's; nothing annoys them so much."
-Oscar Wilde

I loved this!