Blood | Teen Ink

Blood

By Zoom7 DIAMOND, Joliet, Illinois
Zoom7 DIAMOND, Joliet, Illinois

The kitchen that was once used for making food fit for all taste buds danced in and out of view. The kitchen will help me achieve want needs to be achieved. He squirmed like a snake in my fist fighting for some deadly dignity. Except I have always obsessed over the way I look, so now I have a six pack and crazy muscles. How could she not fall for me? I modified the kitchen to obey my every desire.

He is annoying. I dropped a frying pan over a skull of fear.

I throw the sack of potatoes on the marble granite. He looks peaceful when he sleeps, Except for a trail of blood carved by his uncanny blue eyes, his wistful smile and his crater of a dimple. His blood is thick, a thick red brick. Red to point of no return. It drips a penguin sliding down an iceberg. A crimson mark that must burn with passion.  I started this fight, now it must end with me at the top.The skin is easily split. all the trillions of cells separating, each a word in our story. The lava of blood erupting onto the miles of skin. His wrist grabs mine, his eyes dart back and forth. 

"Please stop," comes in a breathless form, from blood covered lips.

As he attempts to speak, the lava covers pearls. Cutting deeper in his arm, a bloody white creature begs for me to let it free. His face drained of color as white as snow on a fresh winter's day. His eyes spoke of terror, his lips devoid of all color. His fingers tense as if trying to hold on. 

His wrist dives to the counter. His chest rises and falls fast as if no air is in the room. The radius is a trophy in and of itself. The skin balls as it rolls. a flap that will fall forever. He looks now much more a devil then an angel. Coated in a thick sticky coat: one of blood. Red eyelids cover the ocean of his soul. 

There is a part of me that is sorry. I took a life. I liked it. Why did I let myself go too far? 

I did not realize throwing the entrails in the river would give me much satisfaction. The blood river with one white rose. A finger sits in front of me begging me to have it swim.  The river is a musky color. I kick it in the river like I would a stone.