My Fate | Teen Ink

My Fate

By Aubri1119 BRONZE, Candler, North Carolina
Aubri1119 BRONZE, Candler, North Carolina

To be or not to be...

Drip,drop,drip,drop.
It’s raining.The wind is howling. It’s cold, yet I feel warm. I’m  running. I've been running for a long time. My shoes are coming apart. My shirt is stained with sweat. I wanna cry. I feel so alone.

The darkness surrounds me. It’s my only friend, yet sometimes it leaves me too. But not now.

I wish I could stop, I can’t breath. The air around me is so thick. It’s like thick lumpy soup. But right now all I can think about is my parents. Their faces are all I see.

They loved me so. My mom was so beautiful. Her long dark hair was always covering her face. People think I look like her. I wish I I had a memory of her. She killed herself when I was two. I only know her by the photos my dad tries to hide in the attic.

My dad is a pathetic laid off doctor and  is now a druggy.  He doesn't care about me, he never has and never will.

But why do I miss him so much. He’s my dad. I can't hate him no matter how much I  may want to.

I am continuing to run into the darkness.  I see a light. It shines so bright. Its brighter than my future. I don’t have a future for long. Its coming.
Its getting closer and closer.
Oh god. Help me! Please I need to live.
But wait. Should I ?

I mean my life is s***ty, my dad's a drunkie. I mean is suicide the best option?
NO!
It can’t be. I need to love I need to have my dreams come true. I need to defeat this terrible creature.

Its getting closer and closer .
I can hear.
It's only a couple feat away now.
Theres the light. I can almost reach it.
There it is!
Oh my its my…

Chapter One
It’s too bright. The sun is shining. It hurts my eyes. That was such a weird dream I had. “Ugh the smell of dog s*** in the morning is the worst”I said to myself.I Then lifted up my neck to notice that the curtains fell and there was trash all over the floor.

I took a shower and thought about that dream. It seemed so real.
Everything I touched, everything I saw just, just seemed so real. I'm so shaken up.
I shook it off and got out the shower and put on a pair of black skinny jeans and a long sleeved shirt to hide the scars on me as usual and leave for my walk to school.

The walk only takes ten minutes but it seems like forever without my friends that I use to have but for some reason they stop talking to me except Blade and my boyfriend Luke. I smiled a little at the thought of having them to care about me as I went up to the school steps stopped by by Luke. I smiled up at him “

Hey babe how are you?” When I said that he looked down rubbing the back of his neck and I got worried. “What's wrong Luke?” he couldn't look me in the face but what he said explained why he couldn't.

“Scarlett I'm breaking up with you it's...it's not you it's me I'm sorry.” then he walked off. When he walked i broke down in tears on the steps “that's what every boy boys excuse is to break up with people.” I said angrily to myself. Suddenly I felt a hand on my shoulder and i looked up with bloodshot eyes and tears on my hands to see Blade with a sad look. He sat next to me on the steps “what's wrong Scar?”.”Luke broke up with me it's just a typical break up nothing to worry about.” I said with a sniffle.
He wiped a tear that fell down my cheek “It's something I worry about because you deserve someone who cares in your life.”. I smiled a little and laid my head on his shoulder “You care so I have you.” He put his arm around me. We sat like that until we heard the bell ring and I broke from his grasp and walked with him to class.

Entering the class with everyone's eyes on us I avoided all of them especially Lukes as I sat in my seat next to Blade. Today we have a trip to the art museum.

I love art. It’s my passion. It’s my reason for living. It’s what keeps me sane other than Blade. After a long speech about safety and other s*** no one cares about and we board the bus. The whole way there i sit by the window listening to my depressing music with Blade sleeping on my shoulder.

We arrived at the museum an half an hour later.I walked slowly off the bus. My head was in my hoodie.My hair covered my face.  I had  a smile on my face. I get to see art. I wish I could paint.

The tour guide greeted us at the door he’s way to enthusiastic for me but there’s art so i'll deal with it. Soon we started the tour and right after I drifted off on my own lost in it all. Then I saw a mysterious glow come from one of the exhibits and I grew attracted to it and walked towards it. I was startled by Blade grabbing my arm.

“I don’t think it’s a good idea to go in there.”. I frowned some.
“But it’s one of the exhibits and it glows maybe there’s glow paintings in their.” I said trying to coax him into coming with me. He didn’t seem convinced “There's no glow in there. I think you’re just seeing things.”. Very confused “You don’t see it you’re looking right at it it’s glowing.”.

The glow stopped right when I looked at it again. It looked like an average room. I guess I really was just seeing things. I walked back to the group with Blade following behind me. He's so close but yet he seems so far away.

I looked back at the room one more time. I wanted to make sure the room wasn't glowing. Maybe this is just some sort of show or prank. I don’t really know and to be honest I really don’t care.

I walked and even though I really wanted to enjoy this tour I can’t stop thinking about my dream. I was running and it seemed so real. I wounder what I was running away from.I ran back to the place the place where I saw the glow and I ran into the exhibit everything was dark. No w no glow, only darkness.

“Hello anyone in here.” I shouted, my words echoing in the darkness.Blade ran in we can’t see each other but I searched for him then suddenly I was pulled to the ground and dragged.

”BLADE!!!” I shouted out I needed his help.

“SCARLETT?!?!” And those were the last words I heard.

“Chapter Two

I woke up to water being thrown on me.

“Are you okay” The teacher sounded worried. But she’s a teacher she suppose to be worried. No one else cares.

The only person to be with me was Blade.
“You passed out” Blade said that so worried. He was about to pass out in tears. “Where am I?” I asked confused to hear the teacher then Blade.“You’re at the art museum. You screamed then passed out.”

I got up.  I’m sad, I’m confused and pissed. I ran out of the place and decided to take a taxi home. I’m done with school for the day. I ran into the house and threw my backpack down and laid on my bed with a big sigh.

“Am i going insane?” I thought to myself thinking about everything that happened this morning.With the dream, the glowing room and me passing out,I’m questioning reality.

I’m going insane. Wait no I’m not. I just need to sleep. But what if I have the dream again? I can't sleep anyways. Even If I wanted to I just can’t. With the break up and everything there's no way I can sleep.

I just wanna lay in a corner and cry. Why was I given this life. I cried in the corner until one in the morning. I tried to sleep after that, but I couldn't. I laid in my bed. Just replaying everything that happened.

I wonder what was it that grabbed me? I guess it’s just my mind playing tricks on me. I mean, I only imagined something grabbing me from the lack of sleep. Just as i was going to try to sleep I saw the crack of the sun through my window and I sighed knowing I  have to get ready for school.

Here we go again it’s the same thing everyday. I want some change in my life. I want to be happy. But what’s there to be happy about when no one loves you.

When I turn eighteen, I am going to move out of this rachet house and go to college. I want to be more successful than my dad. If I have kids I don’t want them to know my dad. I know that’s mean but, I don’t want my kids to know the feeling of disappointment like my father has giving me all these years.

I threw on a different shirt than what I wore yesterday. I kept the same pants on from yesterday. I’m too lazy to take a shower. I’ll just put on perfume and deodorant.

I walked to school. I wanted to see my boyfriend…

...Oh wait but were over.

Just the thought of that makes my teeth cringe. It makes my stomach turn.

At least I get to see Blade. He’s so kind and caring to me. He’s been my best friend since third grade. He moved here from Britain. He still has an accent from there. I’m so glad he’s in my life. Without him I would feel so empty. Without him I wouldn’t be here. I own him my life.

I’m the school and no ones at outside.It’s empty. I’m alone.

Again.

Oh wait, there’s no school today. I forgot all about that. What should  I do.

This question was very quickly answered. I already know where I wanna go. I wanna go to the place that I can’t stop thinking about.

I quickly turned to the street and got a taxi. For some reason the ride was longer than the first time I was there.  It’s probably because I want to be there so bad right now and I’m not patient.

After of what seemed like a decade of waiting, I’m finally here. Back here from that strange and confusing day. I can’t believe I’m back here. I wanna just see. One more time, to make sure I’m not crazy.

I walked in slowly afraid of what I’ll see. I went up each stair more nervous than the next. I made it to the door all I have to do is open it. I can’t. More like I don’t want to.

I keep thinking of all these what if scenarios. I should just turn back and forget all of this ever happened. As I did Luke opened the door and walked in.

“Hello Scarlett.” he said from the doorway.”

”L-luke what do you want?” I asked starting to choke up.

”I’m taking you away cause no one cares about you no one will miss you perfect subject. I had to break up with you so I wouldn’t feel to bad taking you away.” he said through a smirk. I turned to run but he grabbed my wrist and spun me to face him.

“See you later Scarlett.”. My vision started to fade and the last thing i saw was his evil smile then I passed out.

Chapter 3

I woke up on a table. I can’t  move. I’m so weak I can’t even lift a finger. They must have drugged me. Wait….Who is they? Luke. The museum. F***. He did this. But why? All I can see is the white ceiling. It’s cold in here. Wait…...I’M NAKED. What the f***??

“Awh poor Scarlett can’t move”, said a small high-pitched voice.
“Luke! She cant move! Help her!”, said the same voice.
“She’ll be fine. The medicine will wear off in about an hour”, it's Luke...Why would he drug me??
“It better! Calum said he wanted to see her as soon as she woke up. And she can’t go to him like this!!”
“She’ll be fine in about an hour just calm down. Calum is having dinner anyways right now. I can’t imagine why she would be one of his priorities anyways. She’s such a pathetic little b****.”
“Hey! Don’t say that! You do realize that she could kill you in an instant right?”
Wait...I can kill him in an instant??..how? What is she talking about??
“She’s still too in love with me to do that. She won’t.”

“What are you talking about? How can I kill him”

“Great, now she knows too much and she ain't even awake yet.” Luke said that so frustrated.

Hey guys! This is a working process and I want some opinions on this short mini story. Tell me if its good or bad or if I should write some more. Thanks for reading this short unfinished story!