Dead Man Afloat | Teen Ink

Dead Man Afloat

By fictionfanatic GOLD, Garland, Texas
fictionfanatic GOLD, Garland, Texas

"Love doesn't hide it stays and fights. It goes the distance. That's why God made love so strong." "The road to life may be long and hard but know that God is with you every step of the way."

One night my friend Amy and I decided to go to our neighborhood pool for a late night swim. It was about 9pm. When we arrive we go straight to the girls bathroom to change into our swimsuits. My friend Amy gets changed before I do and so she goes out of the bathroom to check out the pool. The minute she steps out of the bathroom I hear her yell my name. “Brittney!” she called out.  “Brittney hurry come quick!” “I’m getting dressed as fast as I can” I call out to her. I put on the bottoms of my swimsuit as fast as I can manage before dashing out of the girls bathroom. I catch up with my friend and we both stare at each other with a look of shock and horror on our faces. We both just keep staring not knowing wanting believe what is right in front of us. The shocking thing we were both look as was a body. A dead body, floating in a pool of blood.

I loved this. Even though it was short it was still thrilling.The title kinda gave it away a bit but other than that amazing job. I could see this as a reel book

Horror said...
This is a creepy, short horror story which you wouldn't want to happen in real life.