From Mother to Son | Teen Ink

From Mother to Son

January 26, 2016
By Kayashreya SILVER, Novato, California
Kayashreya SILVER, Novato, California
7 articles 0 photos 7 comments

From Mother to Son

August 2, 2018
Adam,
I know you probably don’t remember me, but I have been     with you all your life, and I still am. Mentally, I guess. Uncle Marco says I can only write to you once a week, and I’m      already at great risk writing to you. But I have to write,          otherwise both of us will be gone. You and me. This is all I   can say right now. Good luck Adam, and please write back.
Take care,
-M

 

August 9,2018
Adam,
I wonder what you are doing. Maybe you are sitting on a bed like the one you had at home and reading your favorite book Ender's game. Maybe you are staring at the night sky counting the stars like you did when you were seven. Who knows? I wish I did. But I know that you are safe, safe from  him. Uncle Marco and I are doing everything we can to make sure he doesn’t find you.
Take care,
-M

August 14, 2018
Adam,
Old memories of you keeping passing through my head. Like when you were 5 you accidentally turned on the hose  in the front and sprayed the mailman and it was just hilarious. Everyone was laughing, even the Mailman who got completely drenched! Aunt Sharon is always calling me to ask about you, but due to the current situation we’re in I can’t answer a lot phone calls. I look forward to hearing from you.
Take care,
-M

 

August 21, 2018
Adam,
Its getting more risky writing to you. But I won’t stop. I can’t  stop. I don’t know know how long this is going to last. I wonder if you still have that blue shark you got for your first Christmas. You loved that Shark. I wonder what you look      like now. Are you tall like Grandpa Chris? Is your hair dark brown? I wish I could see you. You would still be here if it   weren’t for your father. But I will never forget you as long as I live. Never. And neither will he.
Take care,
-M

August 28, 2018
Adam,
I’m not getting any answers from you, but somehow I know that you are getting my letters and reading them. I hope you will one day forgive me for what I had to do, but know that I was forced  to by the government. Otherwise you would be here with me, right now. There were too many of you to take care of by myself. And I was afraid he was going to hurt you, like he hurt me. Many times. That’s why I did it. I gave you away. But I know that you are safe from him, and you are being taken care of. Adam, I know I’m probably a complete stranger to you, but I just want to say that I love you very much.
Take care,
-M

September 5, 2018
M,
I’m sorry I haven’t replied to any of your other letters. But,     I’ve been in shock. I didn’t know who you were and that’s why I didn’t respond. This is a little weird. I mean weird knowing who my real parents are. I’ll admit, I was mad at you, but then I got your last letter and you explained everything. So I understand. Part of me wants to know what you look like and the other part me is a little hesitant. I don’t know. I still feel confused. But I will look forward to your next letter.
-Adam