The Demons Deep Within Us | Teen Ink

The Demons Deep Within Us

January 13, 2016
By MuddBman BRONZE, Ankeny, Iowa
MuddBman BRONZE, Ankeny, Iowa
2 articles 3 photos 1 comment

Favorite Quote:
"7 days without being in the saddle makes one weak"


It takes a lot of guts to get rid of the demons that come to be inside of us. To take your own life just to silence their voices inside your head. But yet, so many people do it. And if they fail the first time, they will eventually get it. If they want to leave, they will. They will find a way to leave this world behind , and to enter a new world whether that be Heaven or Hell. They silenced the voices. The people can't help the fact that the demons chose their heads as home. Nobody listens until it's too late. 

It starts with their childhood. something clearly goes wrong whithin the lines of them being young. Granted, they don't know what it is, or what it was. They never find out until they're teenagers. And even then, they don't know what caused the depression, annxiety and hatred. Sometimes I wonder what it's like to die. Granted I don't have the guts to kill myself. I just want to know. I don't want to end my life. I don't want to leave it all behind. I couldn't do that even if I tried. 

I know many people seeing suicide as being a selfish act. Leaving everything and everybody behind. I have felt the same way before. Sometimes, all it takes to push a person over the edge, is someone's stupid smart ass comment. Even a grounding. It doens't take much to want to put a blade to your wrist. Not much at all. What people don't realize, is that, one little shove, and their gone. Never will you see them again. 

Everybody has demons. We just don't know it yet. But, I promise you, we all do. Some of us never show you until we're dead. 

We all have demons. 


The author's comments:

I wrote this piece by trying to get into the minds of a "disturbed/troubled" child. Please keep in mind that this is NOT real. Also, my best friend wrote part of this on Wattpad, so only half of this is on there, and this is the whole story. She named it "Demons", on Wattpad.