The Creature | Teen Ink

The Creature

January 2, 2016
By Anonymous

As I was walking to Dr. Frankenstein's office, it was a particularly gloomy day. But, I wasn’t much concerned with the look of the day. Upon entering the building, I noted the maze of staircases and ramps, which seemed to be in an endless downward spiral to the empty blackness. How strange, I thought, making my way to the waiting room. This room, seems stranger than usual, with an unsettling air about it. But, that wasn’t important. Then a woman's voice rang out, “How can we help you today?”
“What?” I asked out of confusion, looking down at a little old woman.
“How can we help you today, Mr. Smith?”
“Oh, yes,” I looked at my arm, remembering why I was there. I lifted up the sleeve to my right arm, “With this.”
“Oh, yes,” she looked at the strangely colored bump on my forearm. She then looked up to me, “We can fix that.”
“Thank you,” I walked away, slightly uneasied by the old woman. But, I sat down, as the old woman walked away. Looking about, I thought, What a strange day. After ten minutes, which felt like an hour, a muffled voice rang out. I jumped to my feet in an instant, seeing an old  man, who could be mistaken as a mad scientist. I looked at him, “Yes?”
“Mister Smith,” the old man said in an almost haunting voice.
“Yes,” I walked over to the man. I was incredibly scared of him, “That’s me.”
“I will see you now,” the old man placed his arms behind his back, walking into the connected hallway.
“Ok,” I followed the man, not sure of the strangeness of him. But, that wasn’t important to me, as long as he could fix the bump on my arm.
“Please, sit down,” the man motioned to the chair, sitting in the center of the all white room. It was like something you’d see in a an old movie about some mad scientist.
“So,” I looked over at the man, as he was getting ready. I sat down, “What’s wrong with the bump?”
“Nothing,” the man looked at the tray of metal tools, examining one of the scalpels. He then turned to me,  “Nothing at all. Just a little bruise.”
“Are you sure?”
“Yes,” the man walked over to men, holding a needle.
“Then why do you need that needle?”
“I just have to take a little of your blood,” he walked over to me, grabbing a nearby chair. He sat down, looking at my arm.
“Why?” I asked, moving my arm away. Or, at least trying to.
“So, I can give you the right medicine,” he stick the needle into my forearm. As it was piercing my flesh, there was a shot of pain. I tried to hold in my need to scream bloody murder . But, I found it too hard. He then pulled the needle out, with the tip a strange mixture of yellowy white puss and crimson red blood. He then turned to me with an almost demonic smile, “Now, see. That wasn’t so hard.”
“So,” I looked at the vial of my blood, which was a devoid black. Accept for the very top, which was a blackish red. I thought, Easy of him to say. He didn’t get a needle gabbed into him.

“I will now get your medicine,” the man left the room. I looked around the room, thinking, Dr. Frankenstein seems a bit odd today. He looked like some Mary Shelley mad doctor. And this room… Why is it like I’m in an asylum. As I thought, there was a loud sound coming from behind me. I couldn’t make out what it was. But, it sound like it was coming from the wall. The sound grew louder and louder, as if something was trying to break through the wall. I tried my hardest to get out of the chair, but I was being held back by something. I looked down at my arms, which now were held by straps. Then I tried to move my feet, only to find that they were also being held down by straps. The sound grow even louder, forcing me to struggle even more. But, with little success. I heard a great crash. The wall had come down. And then, there was the sound of lumbering footsteps, “Thump, thump, thump, thump.” Whatever it was, it was getting closer. My arm, with the bump, began to get a pain, which shot through my body. I looked behind me, trying to make out the thing. It was some grotesque blob of remains.
“HELP ME! FOR GOD SAKE! SOMEBODY HELP ME!” I yelled out.