Silent Water | Teen Ink

Silent Water

By jeniferramires8 SILVER, Chowchilla, California
jeniferramires8 SILVER, Chowchilla, California

Never give up

The silent peaceful sound of the water flowing and loud bangs going off, red is everywhere, from the palm trees to the hot gritty sand.  “Alpha behind you.” My sniper shouts. I move to the ground and jump out of the way and shoot at the target. “Ugg ,Alpha!” Gary says in a scratchy way.  I watch as he struggles on the deep slowing sand, holding his throat. His eyes meet my gaze.I know what to do, he won’t make it. I hesitate to run up and to aim at him, but he nods his head to do it quickly. I turn away to the sounds of sprinting and panting on the low ground .“Geri Cekilme!” .. “Geri Cekilme!”  Merve Tata yells at his men. “Stern come up, Mike.Carl cover him!” I yell.  I see how he struggles to come up the hill of sand “ I want you to get Merve.” I tell Stern as he comes.  He dives fast to the ground and gets ahold of the weapon. I quiet, letting him do his job and I look over to Merve as he grunts and falls to the sand. “Nice job,”I say to stern as I pat him on his back. The Turks swim through the river and disappear leaving their leader helpless. My men all look at me as we meet. “Stern, Abrafo and I will stay in watch, for the rest of you will be taken back by Marcos who will lead you back to camp, take all the wounded,” I say. “And be ready to listen for anything on the radio and communicate if anything goes wrong,” Abrafo says.

Then the darkness comes we find ourselves looking at the flames and our backs against the trees. Stern slept while I took the first watch. “May I ask who is that of the picture of that you are holding?” Abrafo asks. “It’s someone special who I’m opposed to taking care of right now,” I tell him. “Your daughter right, what about your wife isn’t she with your daughter?” Abrafo asks. “ She passed while serving in Iran, never got to see her body ever again. They told me that the helicopter she was on crashed.”I tell him. “So what now , what are you going to to?”Abrafo asks. “Man shuts up you ask too many questions.”I laugh with him enough to wake Stern up. “Is it my turn?”Stern says tiredly. “Nah rest today you worked hard today,”I tell stern. He doves back to sleep fast. “You know go to sleep I got it from here boss, you gotta have that mind good for tomorrow,”Abrafo says. I nod and closed my eyes.

“Alpha wake up quickly!” Stern and Abrafo whisper and shake me. The sound of marching steps fills my ears. I find myself quietly sneaking away from the sound to climbing the palm tree.The feeling of my arms aching with the pain I try to get up to the leaves of the palm tree to hid. It took some time to get in the middle, that's when I had realized I had picked up the wrong tree. “Yukarida, Yukarida!” the army yelled. I release myself and hit the sand. “Abrafo, call them on the radio,”I call out. Then men surround me I raise my arms up, looking at Stern and Abrafo as they get surrounded.Abrafo smiles back with a nod and a thumbs up. A guy in a camo uniform, Blue hat, tall like 6.2 comes toward me with a woman throws her to the ground. She has her arms around her chest, head down, and dressed in a brown baggy pantaloons and a green headscarf. “Jerk,” she says to the man in a blue hat. She  turns her head up and looked toward us. Those eyes looked so familiar the greenish blueish eyes. She rested her eyes on me in a shocked way. That look reminded me of my wife's look when I told her that I wanted to serve in Iran. “ Alpha?” I captured her lips moving. My heart feels like it's going to jump off my chest. I stop myself from going to her to see that it's not a dream that it is real, but not now it's not a good time it will be too dangerous for her if they find out I know her. “ So commander Alpha where is the nuclear weapon.” The guy in the blue hat says. “I am not qual..” he grabs Charlotte, takes her head scarf and points a knife around her neck. “Start talking now or else,” he motions the knife across her neck. “The leaders have not told me where it is,”I said looking to Charlotte. Now there wondering if I should save the country or save the mother of my child. The man grabs her hand and slices off her pinky.  Charlotte as strong as she manages to just make a tear come down her cheek. “One more chance or she is a goner, where is the Nuclear weapon I’m not messing with you Alpha!” he says. “I have already told you I was not provided with that information!” I say. “What a shame,” He says. “ Do it quickly I don’t want to suffer anymore!”Charlotte screams out. He point the knife to her neck and pulls her hair up I look right into her eyes. I break free from the men holding me I run to her just about when. “Bang, Bang!” Shots fired. I look to Charlotte as she breaks free from his grip. He falls and stays motionless on the ground. I turn to see my men with tanks and vehicles coming our way. As the Turks surrendered due to their new fallen leader again. I carry Charlotte into my arms as we go to the vehicle.

on Feb. 5 2016 at 11:13 am

Never give up

Thanks you

SalmaV said...
on Jan. 4 2016 at 11:57 am
Love this!!!