The Jokers game | Teen Ink

The Jokers game

By mysterious125 BRONZE, Layton, Utah
mysterious125 BRONZE, Layton, Utah

My heart banged against my ribcage. My breaths came in short gasps. Then I felt my legs stop like they were stuck in glue. I looked up and saw Lacy roll the dice. I covered my head with my arms as a giant die bounced and rolled right by my face. Sahara cursed at the outcome of the roll, I held my breath. I hoped it wasn’t the mutts. They had already chased me almost 7 times. I just wanted to get out of this bloody game. I heard the ferocious growl that belonged to none other than, the mutts. I groaned showing me frustration. ‘I had already survived 10 rounds. 10! Is that not enough?’ I though miserably to myself. I saw out of the corner of my eye the mutts diving at my face to tear me up. I grimaced and sprinted away because I knew I would win. I gritted my teeth and muttered to myself, “I’m going to win the stupid game. I will win.” Just then I felt the leg glue snatch hold of me. I looked back and saw the mutts evaporating in the air and instantly knew something was up. That oddly familiar cackle echoed through the game board. I looked up on instinct on saw him sitting in a blood red chair. But his unsettling smile wasn’t the worst part. The worst part was all the heroes heads mounted on a wood boards hanging on the wall. All their mouths were unnaturally twisted into the Jokers horrible smile. The smile that usually meant death. Death or despair and sadness. “Well, well, well! Little Robin’s feeling brave now isn’t he? Heh. Nice try Rob. No one wins in my game. Remember that this is the Jokers game. Not yours.” I bent over and hurled. The Joker was such a creep but this was a huge step into OhShootville or DeathAlley Town. “You are a sick twisted man Joker. But I know your weakness.” I gasped through hurls. I looked up and saw his eyes widen just the slightly. I smirked right back at him. His face twisted into a super gross big smile. I grimaced as his scars cracked open and began bleeding and spewing puss. “Oh I need to introduce you to my new additions to the Joker family.” He smiled and reached down and pulled up 2 new faces. ‘Thor and Black widow. Pretty odd but they will suffice. I also found out that Fury and Banner were the easiest ever. Iron man tried to get me after Pepper Potts was rolling around in pain. Oh well I prevailed.” I squeezed my eyes shut, hoping that he wouldn’t pull out that one person. Just that one person, please don’t. “Oh I nearly forgot. This one is my favorite. I think you may recognize him.” I couldn’t help it, but I opened my eyes to look. Instantly I regretted it and tried to puke but nothing was left. “Oh yes. Batman. Poor little Batsy. He stood no chance, well at first I thought I might not get have got him. All it took was a simple, ‘Don’t you want to save Robin? I know he’s in pain, and only I will tell you where he is.’ One moment of shock and ‘BAM!’ knife in the neck.” I stood there for a minute and then broke into laughter. I don’t know why I did it but it was just funny. Funny how he didn’t know what I felt or what I knew. The game board crumbled around me as my game piece size began getting closer to normal. I was laughing like the Joker for almost minutes straight. A few times I would stop and hurl or grab my sides in pain but I couldn’t stop. So once I was my regular person size, I walked over to him and gripped his shirt in my fist and pulled him close to my face. ‘Listen here Joker.” I began, spitting every word. “You can’t win. You have taken everything I cherish except for my life. But here’s the problem. They’re not dead. Okay, they have life twinkling in their eyes so I know how to fix it. But you can’t kill me.” At that he raised his disgusting eyebrows at me and smirked, ‘Can’t kill you? Oh I beg to differ. I have many ways to kill you or torture you. I have my ways.” He cackled, his fish breath flooding my nostrils. I looked him dead in the face and told him, “Here’s why you can’t kill me. I have nothing left to lose. Not my life, my friends or my family. All gone. But I can hurt you and you know how.” After a minute his eyes widened in absolute fear, and just when I thought his face couldn’t be whiter, it got whiter than white. I felt myself smiling at his terror. “Oh god please no. Don’t take out my chip! Just don’t!” He was screaming and thrashing now, desperately trying to get away. But all that did was make me hold on tighter. Without showing any emotion or life in my face, I stabbed my fingers into his neck. After a minute, I yanked out a small, smoking chip. His face went to utter terror and he began shrieking at me. “WHAT HAVE YOU DONE?! YOU IDIOT, THIS IS GOING TO KILL…” He stopped mid scream. Both his hands went up to his head. And he fell on the ground with a loud ‘THUMP!’ then the screams of pain started. He clawed at his skin, as if trying to tear the guilt of himself. The pain stung my ears, but no matter what I did all I could do was stare at him writhering around on the floor, and smile. Smile like the damn Joker used to. His blood, sweat and surprisingly tears fell to the floor in a puddle. AS he slammed into the wall, heads fell left and right. As soon as 1 drop of blood/sweat/tears hit the head, a great gasp came then usually a scream followed by the body of that hero came climbing out of the mounts. I watched as the Joker slowed down and lay still, breathing heavily at my feet. “Oh come on now Joker. Don’t stop now, I was just beginning to smile.” I said with the Joker smile still plastered on my face. “Robin?” “What in the name of Gotham is going on?” “What-What did he do to you?” Batman, Bat woman and the other heroes that knew me asked in a flurry. But all I could do was sit there in that wonderfully comfy blood-red recliner. Lacy and Sahara, the two gamers for the Joker were huddled in a corner fear written clearly across their faces. I c***ed my head them and then looked down at his control panel. Ahhh, here it is. The “enter game” selection. I looked at all the heroes and said in a dead serious voice, with a expressionless face. “Who wants to play a little game? Good.” And with hat I slammed my bloodied fist onto the button and everyone pixilated into the game. Including Lacy and Sahara. Then the joker stood up abruptly. “Yes, my serum worked, it actually worked. Oh yes!!” he cried as he shoved another clean chip back in his neck. The wound sealed in on itself. He bent down, looked me in the eyes and asked me, “How does it feel to be the first of many Jokers?” His last sound was that famous cackle then a gunshot. And then a thump. All the heroes looked at me in despair and betrayal but then there was Batman. He was tearing up and giving me a hard look of hatred. Deep, down it hurt but the Joker serum was already in play. But this time, I was the Master. This time I was in charge. I spoke into the microphone, and shuddered when I realized that I sounded like the Joker. “Alright heroes, and Batsy!” I spit that last part. “Let’s play a game, shall we?” I cackled and pushed play.

I am not trying to stal characters but they fit the story best. I apologize in advance if this offends you.