The Unknown Ending | Teen Ink

The Unknown Ending

By jason rodriguez BRONZE, Chicago, Illinois
jason rodriguez BRONZE, Chicago, Illinois

It was about 7:00 pm when we noticed that this will be the last time of seeing each other again. The guys in clown masks, looks as if they are the Joker, putting everyone in different rooms. I was scared but remained calm so my escape plan can work as planned. One of the mysterious guys that was in charge of the master bedroom, which was the room i was kept hostage in, left for a bathroom break. As soon as the door closed behind him I got up and ran towards the window, jumping out and landing perfectly in the open garbage can. While climbing out I felt a sharp pain run down my right arm. As I looked down at my hand, one of my fingers was bent sideways in pain, i started walking towards a store like a zombie. As i was crossing the street, I turned and saw a car heading in my directions, speeding like a train.

I live in a three floor house on the corner of 55th & Ashland. July 15 started as a normal day, everyone eating breakfast at 10 am. It was a Saturday, so no one had work nor school to attend.

¨Mom! I can’t find my shoes or money have you seen them?¨ I yelled from my room while prancing around looking for my items.

¨No I haven’t, Chucho. Maybe if you check under your bed you might find it, chacho nene!” Mom said feeling annoyed with my attitude. A half hour later Mom comes to my room with a new pair of Jordans and $100. She explained that she was the one that threw away my shoes because she dropped oil on them. Even though I just got them I wasn’t so upset because she got me a new pair.

It was almost 1pm when I was done getting dressed, and I was heading towards the door when my mom asked for a quick favor. She asked me to go to the basement to get a small chest for her. When i picked up the chest it seemed heavier than what I expected. I was curious of what was in the chest, so I opened it. Once I opened it a two second high pitch sound appeared. In pain, I dropped to the floor covering my ears as if someone has slapped both of my ears at the same time. After the high pitch sound stopped I hurried closed the chest, picked it up and walked back downstairs with it. My parents asked me what was that ignoring sound, and I told them that i didn’t hear a sound.

“Mom, I have a question to ask you guys.” I asked in hope of getting to know what is in the chest.

“Can this wait till later Chucho? Anyways, you have to go and pick up your girlfriend before you’re late”. After looking at the clock, I noticed that my mom was right, I was going to be late if I didn’t leave at that moment. Like a cat I zoomed out the house and into my car.

While I was on my way to pick up Stephanie, which is my girlfriend, I couldn’t stop thinking about what was in that chest and why it made that sound when I opened it. ( 15 minutes past )

“Babe what’s wrong? Seems like something is bothering you,” Stephanie asked with a concerned voice.

“It’s just something happened at my house today and I can’t stop thinking about it”. As I explain to her everything that happened she was also surprised. It was odd that the loud high pitch sound happened, but the real question is why did the sound occur right when I opened the chest and what is being hidden inside the chest? 

As I pulled up to the house there were two trucks parked in front of my garage that i have not seen before. I quickly grab my phone to call my mom to see if anyone was visiting.

Ring, Ring, Ring!

“Hello? Chucho? Where are You! Don’t come home. There are people here trying to….”  It was quiet for a couple seconds, as i try to get my moms attention someone else starts talking.

“Hello? Who is this and where if my mother! I yelled at the phone.
“Your mother is right next to me. Say hi mom.” The mysterious guy says.
“ Chucho call 911!” Mom screamed in the background.

I love making my stories cliff hangers because it makes people eager to find out about how it ends. I just hope people enjoy my stories