I Killed a Monster | Teen Ink

I Killed a Monster

By LeilaCruz SILVER, Quezon City, Other
LeilaCruz SILVER, Quezon City, Other

Yes, I believe in ghosts and monsters, my dad narrated me his personal experiences about them; a boy that passed through the elevator, a headless man on the chiller, and the hideous bleeding woman he saw on a deserted place. My dad told me that they were only evil spirits who won’t do any harm, except to scare the hell out of people. Well, whatever he says, I was still too afraid of seeing a ghost; I thought that if I ever see one, my heart would leap and I might die of fright.
I thought that I have no strength to face them, or even to try to run, I thought that I’ll just freeze and experience a heart attack or something, but then, everything changed that evening. I was alone on the third floor of our house, our windows were open so wide that it was impossible to not notice the bloody evening sky, and that’s when I met that creepy woman in the lower story of our double deck bed. Her hair was very dark, long and messy. Her clothes were all white and stained in blood. Her eyes were nothing of a human's, just too rounded and swollen. Her skin was pale dead and her mouth was the most irritating object I had ever seen in my life. It was huge and she laughed loudly. I stayed steady for a moment to process the sight in front of me, then I yelled at her to stop laughing. Her laughter was so irritating to my ears that it triggered my anger. I yelled and yelled for her to stop laughing, but she didn't, as if she was doing her best to piss me off, and well, she did. I was so pissed that I grabbed her hair and knocked her to and fro. She still didn’t stop laughing, so I continued to hammer her to the ground until shewas crushed. Then, I threw the bloody woman through our window that projects that bloody sky. Then the noise stopped. Then, I woke up to greet the really happy morning. Maybe, this is why they don’t let me see them.

That evening was pretty intense :)