The Thing in My Backyard | Teen Ink

The Thing in My Backyard

June 11, 2015
By mwburgess13 BRONZE, Jolon, California
mwburgess13 BRONZE, Jolon, California
2 articles 0 photos 0 comments

One day, as I went to take my dog, Skipper, on a walk, I decided to take him to the woods. My parents are comfortable with me going in the woods as long as I am close enough to hear their call. Skipper and I went on the hill where I usually hang out with my friends. As Skipper did his business, I approached a tree with a weird scratch on it. The scratch was about 1 ½ feet long with a little bit of hair stuck in the bark. As I pulled the hair off the tree, I heard Skipper barking at something. I ran as fast as I could towards him. When I got there, I saw the thing that Skipper was barking at. It looked about 10 feet tall with a lot of hair! I grabbed Skipper and bolted straight home. I went to my computer and searched up what I saw. I assumed it was a grizzly but as I searched deeper and deeper, I realized that what I saw was not a bear at all! I told my mom about my dilemma. To my astonishment her response was, “Oh, William! Stop messing around! There is no such thing as Bigfoot!”
      I went back to my room, with confusion and fear in my mind. I went to my computer and slowly typed in: B- i- g- f- o- o- t.  I sat there with my finger on the enter button, scared to see what was going to show up. I pushed the button. Once I saw the pictures, I screamed and turned off the screen. The thing I saw earlier that day was displayed on the computer screen. Now 10 years has passed by and I am still looking for it. One day, sooner or later, I will find the creature that has been haunting me ever since.