Slaughter Man | Teen Ink

Slaughter Man

May 31, 2015
By mandywrites GOLD, Brooklyn, New York
mandywrites GOLD, Brooklyn, New York
18 articles 6 photos 2 comments

Favorite Quote:
"Why breathe when you can just die?" -My best friend


       Jack Fergenson was an ordinary man. He owned an apartment in a tall building in Manhattan. He had a cat and two goldfish. He was very happy with his girlfriend, who lived about five blocks away in a studio apartment. He worked in a long, thin office building down the block, typing up reports all day long. See? Totally normal. He was tall and thin, with muscular arms. He had dark brown hair and sky blue eyes. Jack was a good looking man, and always wore a grey suit with a matching tie. He was a man that everybody noticed. Jack was completely fine with his life. But then, there was a murder in his building. After hearing that the murderer was someone who lived in the building or in a nearby building, Jack, who was terrified, rightfully, moved into his girlfriend's apartment. Seeing this, the police working on the case thought he was a likely suspect. Because the the real murderer left no clues, people slowly started believing the he was the murderer, due to rumors. Soon after people starting believing this, Jack lost his job. The boss said it was a conflict of interests, something or other. His girlfriend grew to resent him, and slowly, he retreated more within himself. With a history of schizophrenia in his family, it's not surprising that he soon became paranoid, thinking the world was out to get him. He also wasn't always the best at making decisions, either. Jack fled the city. He ran all the way to Kent, Conneticut, all the way into the woods, only stopping momentarily, for days on end. He had done this act so quickly that he forgot to bring anything but a compass with him, which he always kept in his left pocket as a good luck charm (and obviously not a very good one). He was dressed in his usual work clothes- a grey suit, gray pants, and a grey tie. He hadn't taken the clothes off since he was fired. After, barely, surviving  a week in the forests of Conneticut, he became ill from starvation and the dirty water he drank. After a day of being serverly sick, Jack died, right in the center of the forest, compass in hand, the arrow pointing north. During the week he had lived in the woods, Jack had grown even more anxious, as he slowly descended into insanity, and had decided to murder anyone who saw him in the forest. He thought that that was the way to guarantee that no one would tell about where he was hiding. When he died, he still had unfinished business to complete. His body couldn't take living in the woods, but his mind wasn't quite ready to leave yet. The next time a person wandered into the woods, Jack strangled the kid. Even though the child could not see him, because he no longer inhabited a body, Jack didn't realize this. He continued to murder the innocent people walking through the forest, not knowing that he himself was dead. And this is how Jack Fergenson became known as Slaughter Man. And still, to this day, Slaughter Man continues to do what he did to all the other unlucky people lonely enough to roam the woods of Kent, Conneticut.


The author's comments:

I wrote this a few years ago, after coming home from a camp trip to the woods of Kent, Conneticut. My friend told me about Slenderman, but I misheard her and thought she had said Slaughter Man. I went home and wrote this story, before learning his real name. Just remember, if you see a flash of grey in the woods, beware...