A Nightmare Come True | Teen Ink

A Nightmare Come True

My eyes flutter open. Where am I? It takes a few seconds for my eyes to adjust. A hospital? I look around. Is that a monitor…? It’s off? But, shouldn’t it be on? Ow. I touch my head. God, why does it hurt so much? I slowly make my way out of the bed, not looking back.

“Um, excuse me? Do you know where my parents are?” I asked the nurse next to me.
She ignores me.
Weird, I think to myself, like she would listen anyways.
I walk on and on, reaching the visitors’ area. Finally! I see my mom and my dad. It seems like they’re talking to a doctor. Why do they look so sad? Why is my mom crying?
I rush to them. “Mom! Dad! Hey, what’s going on??” I kneel in front of them—they’re not listening. Do they see me? they have to…
I look at the papers my dad is holding. They say my name. Why…does it have a big red stamp with “DECEASED” written on it?
“Guys?!” I’m right here!! Please!” I yell.
I run back to the room I woke up in. I see a girl on the bed. Oh my gosh. It’s me. No, this can’t be.
I’m dead.

I like ghost stories, and even though this isn't as scary as some of them, It certainly would be "A Nightmare Come True" for anyone.