Until He Comes Again | Teen Ink

Until He Comes Again

April 18, 2015
By BrittanyGehl BRONZE, Amery, Wisconsin
BrittanyGehl BRONZE, Amery, Wisconsin
2 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Favorite Quote:
Live and die, but let me fly!


Midnight.  My body just can’t rest.  My body is screaming at me for rest, yet my mind wants to keep going.  I decide to draw, since I have nothing else to do at this time anyways.  Setting my headphones on my head, I turn on some music.  Listening to “Breakdown” by Twiztid, I begin to draw.  Two feathers resting in front of a skull is the idea that pops into my mind.  Soon after my drawing, my eyes begin to get heavy as my body becomes fragile.  I groan a little as a sharp pain fills in the left side of my ribs as well as cramps in my hand.  It almost feels as if someone is stabbing me with a large knife, right into my ribs.

Whimpering silently, I slowly wake up to find myself in great agony.  My drawing board is on the floor along with some of my pencils, while some have stayed in bed with me.  I can hear “See You in My Dream” by We the Kings blaring out of the speakers of my black, blue, and silver headphones that are hanging aside of my bed.  Reaching for my iPod, I plug in my charger and shut exit out of my music.  After rolling out of bed, I change into some black ripped skinny jeans and a black ruffled tank top.  Roaming towards my desk where I keep my makeup, I create a simple eyeliner look with a little wing at the ends and straighten my black and blue hair.
After I finish putting my face on and straightening my hair, I stroll out of my room, that is full of band posters and lights hanging over the walls, to the kitchen to snag some breakfast. 
“Good morning honey!”  Mother cheered happily, serving my dad some coffee as he reads his Western books at the table.
“Morning, Mom.  Morning, Dad” I sigh, feeling a bit empty, from not falling asleep until about 3:30 a.m. 
“Is something wrong, Chris?” my mother asks me while I pile bacon and eggs onto my plate.
“No, I’m just tired.  I couldn’t sleep last night,” I explain briefly to her as I grab my fork and start to play with my food, like I always do.  After breakfast, I make my way back upstairs into my room.  Grabbing my laptop, I notice there is a note stuck to my sticker covered lid.  ‘So precious when calm’ was written on the green crumpled sticky note.  This is the third note I have gotten in the past three months.  Looking down at the note, I make my way towards my desk where I keep the other two notes.  Opening my drawer, I reach down to pick up all the notes I have received, ‘I will always watch over you,’ is the first note I had received.
‘Don’t trust anything he does or says.  You are mine’ was the last note I had gotten for about a month.  Now I have this one.  Still being a little spooked about the notes I’m getting, I’ve began to not care anymore.  I mean, when your own father leaves the family after discovering your son/brother had cancer and couldn’t fight it, you begin to just accept life as it is as it goes by.
It was a hard time for both my mother and I.  I was only six when it happened.  I don’t remember a whole lot, but I will never forget how upset mother was.  Always sobbing in her room, with a photo of everyone in it.  Next thing she knew dad left us.  That didn’t make her cry, it made her furious.  They never got along that I noticed, but she loved him with all her heart.  Mother was still a mom towards me.  Caring for me, being there when I need her.  She didn’t distance herself from me like she did to other people.  We both needed each other, she needed me.
Five years later, my biological dad tried to come back into our lives.  Mother was seeing a guy for about five months, he was tall with bushy brown hair, brown eyes that looked like puppy eyes staring back at you.  He was making mother happy and I love seeing her happy.  Two years later, they married and my biological father didn’t try to come forth again since.  Now that brings us here, at 16 years old.  Mother and I are happier than before with someone who actually cares about us.
As usual I’m doodling again.  A rose with thorns surrounding it.  I peek at the time, not sure if I wanted to know what time it is, but did it anyways, 2:12 a.m. the clock read.
“I suppose I should get to sleep.  Ehh.  I’ll just finish this one part here first.”  Looking back at the clock it’s almost four in the morning.  Dropping everything to the floor, I wrap myself in my blankets and fall asleep almost instantly as my head touches the comfy pillows.
‘Clank.  Clank”
I slowly open my eyes and look at the clock to find that it is 5:41 a.m.  Right before I close my eyes again, ‘clank’
“What in the world is going on?!” I groan bitterly as I get up from my comfy, warm, black and purple bed.  I open the window to find a boy, about the same age as me, standing in the tree line a couple of yards away from my house, barely visible.  I can make out only some of the features he had.  Red stained white hoodie, charcoal black hair that blends in with the dark, piercing white eyes with pure white skin and a large smile spreading to both sides of the cheeks.
Slowly my eyes wonder to behind him to find a faceless man, about three times his size, standing.  I can see there’s some things coming out from behind the large man, like tentacles or something, about ten I shall say.  I see no face, only a white head and he’s wearing a black suit.  I see him grab the boy and pull him away from my view.
I rub my tired eyes to make sure I’m actually seeing things right, to find the mysterious men completely gone.  Chills running down my spine, I stumble back to my bed recreating what I saw outside of my own house.  Slowly, I fall back asleep, still thinking of what had happened.  Which one is sending me these notes?  Is it both?  What could they want?  Are they here to hurt me? Many thoughts were racing through my head.
‘Until next time Chris’ was the last note I had received that next morning.  Sitting on my bed trying to comprehend what all is happening.  So many thoughts are running through my head that I can’t even think straight.
I guess all I have to do is wait until they return again to find out.
It’s been two months since I last saw them and received any notes.  I was sitting in bed drawing as usual until I hear a rock hit my window.  Roaming towards the window I see him again.  The tall man.  I blink once and he’s gone.  I look around to fine nothing, but feel a hand on my shoulder.  Slowly, I turn around to find him staring down at me.
“Are you the one sending me the notes?”  I try to ask calmly.
“Some, but not all,” you couldn’t see his mouth, but you could tell where it was when he used it.
“Is he also sending me notes, too then?”
“Sadly, yes,” his voice is smooth, and calms me completely.  “You need to stay away from him.  I don’t trust him with something as fragile like you” his voice became stern, but still calm-like.
“wh-“
“Because he’s no good.  I am here to protect you.  Not him,” his voice became more irritated thinking about how he wouldn’t be able to protect you and watch over you.   Following his motion you sit next down next to him.
“What is this all about?” asking coolly, trying not to irritate him more.
“For over 11 years, I have been watching over you.  He’s tried to take over what I have started, but I just won’t allow it.  He wants to make contact with you, to talk to you, touch you.” He takes a deep breath before he continues, “I feel if he gets too close to you, he’ll hurt you.  You’re so fragile.”  His long slender fingers make their way up to my soft skin of my cheek. I don’t resist, instead I just close my eyes for a moment and open them to find that he is gone.
‘Until next time my dear,’ is roaming through my mind, as the wind blows slightly from the open window.