The Ghosts of Seven Churches Road | Teen Ink

The Ghosts of Seven Churches Road

Introduction
Phoebe and her little sister, Paige, sat at the kitchen table sorting through Phoebe’s pictures of Seven Churches Road (more formally known as Hardup Road). Paige noticed that in one picture Phoebe’s eyes were off to the side and she looked freaked out. She also saw a couple of the churches. “Tell me all about Seven Churches Road.” And this is Phoebe’s story...

Little girl in white
Phoebe and some of her friends drove out to Hardup Road. Phoebe had a Rosary in her purse. The driver parked the car and they all got out. A Baptismal Fount was nearby a church and above the fount was a large branch, the Gallows. Leila Andrews told Phoebe to stand in front of the fountain for a picture. Just as the shutter went off, Phoebe saw a little girl in white. The girl disappeared momentarily.
Phoebe clutched her Rosary and walked closer to the fount. Phoebe once again saw the little girl in white. The girl had an angry look on her face. As Phoebe looked around the fount, she saw people gathered around. Phoebe looked down and no longer had her Rosary. She and her friends drove away. When they came back the next day, the Rosary was gone. Later that day, Paige and Phoebe went online. The only tiny entry they could find was this, “Its a long dirt road, originally w/ 7 churches but you only see 4. People have sited a little girl in a white dress walking down the road and many different ghosts.”

The 4th Church
Not long after the girl sighting, Phoebe, Leila and a couple others went back to Hardup Road. This was the first time Phoebe had ever seen the 4th church. Phoebe sat on the steps and looked around. Nothing out of the ordinary happened. They left 20 minutes later. They went back the next day, but the 4th church was gone.

Verses on the Wall
The 2nd or 3rd church had Bible verses on the wall. Phoebe’s friend, Piper Tylers, was Religious an noticed that every single verse on the wall had 2 or more flaws.

Bloody Handprints
Phoebe had heard tell of this story. A friend of hers, Kyle Moore, went out to Hardup Road. An old lady walked out in front of him. He tried to stop, but he hit her. Kyle got out to see if she was alright, but she was gone. When Kyle got home, there were bloody handprints on the back of his car.
15 Minutes there, 45 Minutes back
One time, Phoebe, Leila, and their friend, Stan Michaels, decided to time how long it took to get to each place. It took 15 minutes to arrive at their destination. When they got ready to leave, something wasn’t right.15 minutes, 20 minutes, 25 minutes, 30 minutes, etc. Finally at 45 minutes they saw the exit. It had taken them 15 minutes to get there and 45 minutes to leave.

Black Dog
Phoebe drove out to Hardup Road with Leila and Stan. As hard as Phoebe tried she couldn’t avoid hitting the big black dog. By accident, Phoebe bumped over it. The trio ran out to see if the dog was okay, but the dog was nowhere in sight. They looked for a few minutes, but the ghost dog had vanished.

The Heavy Bible
Phoebe told Paige about a friend of Stan’s that went to the third church and tried to take a Bible. Rumors flew around that when you tried to take the Bible, it was so heavy that you dropped it when you reached the door. A man once got it into his car, but when he arrived home, the Bible was gone. Sometimes you can see a Priest pacing behind the Altar.
Well Stan’s friend, Simon Adams, and his football buddies took a wheelbarrow to the church. They placed the Bible in it and pushed it to the door. By the time they reached the door, the Bible was so heave, the wheels broke. Simon and his pals left quickly. When they went back the next day, the wheelbarrow was gone and the Bible was back on the Altar.

“I think we were Followed.”
After another visit to Hardup Road, Phoebe and Stan went home. As Phoebe lay in bed, she turned to the window. What she saw caused her to cry out in alarm. Stan came running. “What’s the matter?” Phoebe pointed to the window. “I think we were followed.” By that time, the large black man had vanished.

Satanists
Satanists- People who worship the devil. Nearby the churches is a burial ground with a family of Satanists. All of the family had been born on Halloween. They had all died years later on Halloween. Phoebe and Leila went in. Leila suddenly grabbed Phoebe’s hand and ran. “Leila, what’s wrong?” Leila took a couple deep breaths before she finally said, “I heard a voice yell, ’Get Out!’.”

Scratches
Phoebe and her friend, Scott Matthews, drove out to Hardup Road. Scott had never been there. He took a few pictures, but nothing happened. Disappointed and relieved, Phoebe and Scott drove off. Suddenly, Scott felt a burning sensation behind his ear. He put his hand back there and saw blood on his fingers. Phoebe felt the burning as well. When they got home, Paige was asleep, but Phoebe’s mom was awake.
Phoebe and Scott had scratches all over them! Phoebe’s mom cleaned them up and they left quickly. When Paige was told, she swore never to go out to Hardup Road. Phoebe called the day after to report that the scratches were gone!

A Little History
Hardup Road was where the old town of Albany was located, then some kind of epidemic came along and killed thousands. Only 3 churches remain standing, the 4th church is there when it wants to be. All of these stories are true. the paragraph my sister and I found is the only information on Hardup Road that exists. Everything else has been stricken from record. My sister, Erica, aka, Phoebe, really experienced those terrors. Unless your a ghost hunter, please don’t go out to Hardup Road. The 1st church is the only church still in use for Baptists or Methodists, the church is haunted, though.

on Mar. 24 2011 at 11:25 am
LectersGirl BRONZE, Albany, Georgia
1 article 1 photo 14 comments

"Oh Snap!" "Say what?" "OMG!" "BRB!" "Hold on!"

Ignore my second posting thing. Accidently put int on twice.

on Mar. 24 2011 at 11:24 am
LectersGirl BRONZE, Albany, Georgia
1 article 1 photo 14 comments

When ya'll are done reading this, please don't leave any rude or mean comments. Thanks :)

on Mar. 24 2011 at 11:23 am
LectersGirl BRONZE, Albany, Georgia
1 article 1 photo 14 comments

When ya'll are done reading this, please don't leave any rude or mean comments. Thank you :). Enjoy the stories.

I think it was organized very nicely, and even it there were some spelling errors, it's still a good story :)

on Mar. 22 2011 at 7:00 am
Moonstream4495 BRONZE, Brandon, Florida
too confusing.... need to organize it better. lots of spelling errors too

I'm really glad you enjoyed reading about what happened.

tnpatel11 said...
All this is true..my classmates were taslking bout ir today.. this si really scary OMG.. i m never going to albany again..

Glad you enjoyed them Boss352

Boss352 said...
Ghost Dog?? Welll Anyways They Were Very intresting

kyle said...
there is 4 churches i happen to attend one of  the churches out there. it is not always visible in the dark but it is there. and i know ppl that live out there and the dog is real it belongs to ppl that live there. also teens go out there to see about the rumors and they vandalize the churches so that is why the writtings on the walls.

janel said...
i have been out there plenty of times with friends. there is a 4th church we see it every time. and its that church that has the book. there all still used. ppl live out there as well and go to those churches. and they dont play when it comes to trespassers, and the girl in the white dress is real so her myself and so is the stuff about the book,

My sister and friends went out there late at night when these happened, and just because nothing happened to you, doesn't mean they didn't happen. BTW, i believe I wrote that the church is sometimes there and sometimes isn't. I know for a 100% fact that the scratches were there. My mother was the one who cleaned them up, herself.

Christian said...
Gotta admit, even though all of this is pretty cool to read and all, (read this before I went out there) I have to say that almost none of this seems true.  No writing on the walls, no bible, didn't see a 4th church at all, no girl, no creepy vibes at all.  In fact, my mom used to live on that road years ago and my dad used to have a lot of parties there with friends.  Neither have ever heard of any hauntings, and have never really noticed the churches either. We live about 10 minutes from the road too, and people use the road pretty often. 

Glad you enjoyed it.

eatXsleepXmusic SILVER, Englewood, Colorado

"silence is loud, music is there to drown it out"
"monsters are real, ghosts are real too. they live inside us and sometimes they win."-stephen king

I had shivers go down my back after reading every story. that is creepy

Actually, I have heard these tales for years and whether they're real or not, it's kinda cool to read them. Everyone is going to believe what they want to, so just take it as fun and if it happened, it happened. Smile y'all! 

Actually, theses simply are true. My sister went down there at night. She told me these and I know for a fact that the story about the scratches is 100% true since my mother cleaned up my sister's scars.

Thank you. I'm glad you enjoyed it

~*!FutureAuthor!*~, Joplin, Missouri

Wow scary good

on Apr. 28 2010 at 11:19 am
Thank you for saying so. And I will go look at your work :)