Doesn't Matter... | Teen Ink

Doesn't Matter...

By Pow-Pow GOLD, Hemet, California
Pow-Pow GOLD, Hemet, California

“I believe that everything happens for a reason. People change so that you can learn to let go, things go wrong so that you appreciate them when they're right, you believe lies so you eventually learn to trust no one but yourself, and sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.”

It was all sugar and dandelions up till now.

it all used to be ok. So we thought. It was just routine. Something we had figured was normal. It's not. It's so far off from normal. I see how others are and I wish I was like that too. I wish I had a family like they do. A marriage like they do. A sister. A brother. One who loves me as I am. Or loves me at all. I wish I had something to look up to. A good healthy relationship to look up to. An example of what I should have. But no. I will find it in other places. But I cant. So here I am making it all up. The way I want to.  I need not to have someone to set an example. I am the example. And that is just the way I have to make it.

they aren't a good example. Bad. Bad is what they are. I see the relationship cracking. It's falling apart. Mom, dad. no. But as theirs falls apart mine grows stronger.