What The...? | Teen Ink

What The...?

By Ktsmilez1 BRONZE, Citrus Heights, California
Ktsmilez1 BRONZE, Citrus Heights, California

"It is impossible to live without failing at something, unless you live so cautiously that you might as well not have lived at all- in which case you fail by default."
-JK Rowling

Sitting on the grass feeling the cold dampness on my bare feet. Eating ice-cream and drinking soda with Jake. The ice-cream gives me such a brain freeze that I feel like I'm in the North Pole. Then he kisses me out of nowhere! The control and lust he puts into it creeps me out. I fight back but my muscles are sore and I'm getting tired. It must have been something in my drink, after all hes the one that brought them.

The last  thing I remember is feeling someone lifting me up and then hearing a car door slam. I fall asleep on the backseat scared for my life. Fear makes me cry out but no voice comes. Then I wake up in a cold sweat, safe in my room. Only its not my room but an unfamiliar place somewhere.  There is T.V and men laughing downstairs. There is one loud nervous laugh that I know by heart, it's Jake's laugh. Wild memories flood into my head. I remember the grass, the kiss and everything that  happened. How could he do this?! He is, no was, my best friend. Was everything between him and I fake ? So many questions rush into my head.

I jump up and I'm overwhelmed with dizziness. So much has happened that I think this is all not real, that it's just one big nightmare. Then I hear someone coming.Thinking of a place to hide,  I go against the wall by the door. A few seconds later Jake comes in whispering. Why is he whispering ? I jump on his back, knocking both of us to the ground. He tells me to stop or the others will hear. I'm curious, so I stop but my foot is still pressing down on his chest.

He tells me how to escape, an that he didn't want any of this to happen. He tells me that they were going to kill his family if he didn't fallow directions. He gives me a map and runs out. The map has directions on how to get to a safe house. On the back it says " Only One Has The Power To Save Us All". The only thing I'm thinking of is "What the ?"

To Be CONTINUED...

In a life where waking hours are draped in costume of horrid nightmare, where reality has suddenly become questionable, it's easy to be scared by dreams.