3428 One Chance | Teen Ink

3428 One Chance

By Prince_Robert BRONZE, Stockton, California
Prince_Robert BRONZE, Stockton, California

3428 ONE CHANCE

Ever wonder if there was a world where being gay or lesbian was the right thing and being straight was wrong?

In 3428 there is six teenagers name Rachael, Ana, Michael, Chris, and Billy. They all attend to the same school, which was Bear Palm High School in the city of Stockton,Ca. In that school everyone is either gay or lesbian couples, or would just stay single. The only one who differ from everyone and seem to be in a different path is Billy. Billy was 15 years old. He wasn’t much of a social person. Also, he was a very quiet teen who had a different point of view from all students. Therefore people would judge him.  Everyone would make fun of him for being straight. He would go cry asking himself what was wrong with differ from everyone else and have a different sexuality. Indeed, he would spend time alone wondering about the situation and how it would be if everyone was straight. 

As days passed by and leaves changed colors, a new girl arrived. The girl’s name was Lupe. Lupe was a 5.4 feet tall girl. She was 16 years old by the time she arrived. In fact , she would be judged and discriminated. Based on people judgments, people would give her the sticky eye and wouldn’t even bother talking to her. They thought something was wrong with her. Unlike people, Billy has a different opinion about her . He thought she was beautiful and tried to figure out why people would judge her and looked at her different. One day meanwhile Billy walked down the hall unexpectedly he sees Lupe and decided to go up to her and get to know her. As they greeted, Billy could feel a connection between them. They both felt comfortable with each other and kept on talking. As said, Billy wondered why people looked at her different. He asked her, “Why does everyone look at you funny?” 

She said “Most likely it’s because I’m straight and yes go ahead and make fun of me like the others.” 

(Billy’s heart drops) “No way you are too!!!!!” said Billy 

Lupe just looked at him and blushed with a gorgeous smile and they were glad that they met each other.

The next day, they start hanging out with each other more often and others would make fun of them but they didn’t care. The only ones that supported them and accepted them for being straight were their friends Rachael, Ana, Michael, and Chris. They would always stand next to him through good and bad. If someone would try to mess with them and their sexuality, they would have to face Billy and his friends. Billy and Lupe were thinking about getting together but were scared of what their parents would say about their relationship. For their own good, they both decided to leave it as friends with benefits. They started to somewhat show their love at school so people could start to comprehend that love can be found between any two persons. People started to get the idea that you can fall in love with anyone your heart goes after. The only people they still had to convince was their parents because no matter what they would not accept it because either you’re gay, lesbian or just stay single forever. In both sides, Lupe’s and Billy’s parents kept rejecting them and their relation. They both knew their parents would keep saying no as an answer. They decided to take action themselves and made their relationship official, which made them stronger. A couple days after, Lupe’s parents came to pick her up from school which they never told her they were. They caught Lupe and Billy holding hands, which caused a problem because Lupe was abandoned to see Billy ever again. Everyday her parents would pick her up from Bear Palm High-school and had people watching her every step. Three weeks past and Billy would tear up every day knowing that the person who was the same as him was gone and couldn’t do anything about it. There he was, you could Billy walking through the same hall where he met Lupe. Sadly reminiscing and thinking about Lupe. Her love her partner the only one who felt the same and shared the same sexuality as him. His real one his straight one.  The only thing he can do is reminisce the good times they had together. Every night Billy would go to the park just to have air and forget about the miserable world he lives in. Lupe also escape from her house to get air because she felt like a prisoner in the house not able to go anywhere.

Billy and Lupe met at the park unexpectedly. Both of them were surprise that they got to see each other. They gave each other a big hug followed by kisses and decided to meet each other every night at the park. Billy would go to school happy and looked at everyone with a smile and wouldn’t frown anymore. Most people thought he was crazy most of the time. That’s what love do, it brings happiness and makes you forget about problems. Ever heard of a saying ‘don’t push your luck’? That’s what Lupe and Bill inflicted. One night Lupe’s parents were awake but they were in their room and heard a noise coming from Lupe’s room. They went and checked her room. Lupe had sneaked out, her parents went looking after her . They ended up at the park and seen her making out with Billy. Lupe’s parents drag her to the car and grounded her. The next morning they tell her they were moving to a different state. That being said, she cried her eyes out and told her parents she didn’t want to move. She begged them and got to her knees. Lupe’s parents said “ You should’ve listen when we told you to stay away from that kid so you did this to yourself you made your own choice.”

Lupe had to tell Billy about the bad news. Through Lupe’s friends; Rachael, Ana, Michael, and Chris Billy found out about the issue. As fast as he could, he ran to Lupe’s house and told her to run away from home with him. Without a doubt, she sneaked out her window, climbed down the balcony. As fast as they could, they ran away from home together. Their love for each other was unconditional, they loved being straight. Upon all the judgments and dirty looks people would give their relationship, they managed to stay straight and love each other. Despite every issue they faced, they carried on and kept their straight love real. I mean, through all the rain and the pain, sexuality shouldn’t really matter. As prove of real love, at a High-school where everyone was gay or bisexual, a different and straight love was born. Two people of the same kind and sexuality, straight, fell in love.